Rigging Electronics

• DonG
    Participant

I’m still waiting for my new boat ( 2018 Rebel 1750 SS) but been busy getting all the stuff I need for it so when it shows up I’m ready and fully understand how to do the installs. Im going with a Lorance HDS 7 Gen3 Total scan on the dash and another on the bow. I’ll be using a Motorguide Xi5 pinpoint/sonar 80 lb. motor. I think I’ll like how this match-up performs, guess we’ll see.

My question is how to get all this wiring to the counsel? Powering the dash unit is easy and running to the rear with the transducer is easy but how the heck do you get all the other front stuff to the counsel? Do you remove the whole front deck for routing? I’m planning on networking the 2 units and the trolling motor all together. How did you route your wiring? I have any tool I need to get this done and all the patience to go with it. I just want to do a nice clean install. I really appreciate any ideas you might have.

I wish the factory could install raceways for this…

Hot Runr Guy
    Participant
    West Chicago, IL

I wish the factory could install raceways for this…

They probably did. Before you go throwing stones at Lund, ask your dealer for a copy of the rigging tube and electrical wiring diagrams (example below).

HRG

Attachments:
    1. Lund-1775-Impact_1675_1725_1825_Model-rig-tube-and-schematic.pdf

DonG
    Participant

Thats perfect, just what I need. Who’s throwing stones?, just asking for some help.
    Thank you for the info.

Brett Heli
    Participant

I have a 2018 202GL and there i a rigging tube from the PS steering compartment to the dash that has other wires in it for a traducer. When I run a fish tape through it I have 25′ of tape in it on a 20′ boat however its not coming out under the dash in the tube. Not only is the tube in the rear compartment impossible to get into because its like a foot short of being in site and you have to get your hand in upside down and cut up and cant see it can only do by feel, it has to be broken before it turns from the side wall to get into the tube under the dash. The fish tape is a flexible tape and not capable of puncturing the tube. Also there was a pull cord in it and when I attached a new pull cord bringing in a new transducer wire my replacement pulls string came off do to a hard time making the turn which is why in. trying to fish a new one in. Seems like this pull tube is not solid to the dash. Any thoughts

KPE
    Participant
    River Falls, WI

My 2018 Impact XS has a big yellow rigging tube straight down the centerline of the boat into the coffin rod locker. From there I can break off to either console easily, or all the way back to the transom. Rigging tube has rope in it, I haven’t pulled any wire from bow to stern but would be simple the way this is laid out from the factory.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.