Rant bout Scum Bags

• carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

FW wanted to go out in the boat this evening.
    We headed out and all was well with the World.
    Dumped the boat in and went and parked. Even pulled a few weeds off the trailer.
    On the water, it was slow for the Bass but got a few along with a Pike and sunnies.

But, Upon walking back up to the truck, I see a BROKEN TAIL LIGHT on the Trailer.
    Checked it out and appeared some M.F. SCUM BAG S.O.B. Stepped on and broke my right rear trailer light.

“FLAME” you SOB, may the FLEAS of a thousand Camels infest your crotch and arm pits all night.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Very nice rant > )
    Well stated, and easily understood!
    Short & to the point. Nothing there to be mis-construed.
    I feel your disdain for that group of our fellow man > that us cause this disgust and anger. (
    Remember this : “what goes around comes around”. (I’m sure you’ve heard that one)
    They get their’s to! And you (we) don’t even have to get our hands dirty )

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Pretty common at landings. Still sucks. Selective parking can help. Pick your spot wisely. I like to park up next to a center island of edge of parking lot if possible. Make sure my trailer is straight and not sticking out to far. Also double check to make sure the person next to me is not going to have to much trouble getting out. This helps but still end up replacing trailer lights. Some of those that are challenged at backing boats in I think are just as challenged in the parking lot.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

It sucks. Had someone hit my front bumper, which broke a plastic insert and get door’d within one week.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yeah, I’d say its pretty common. Those trailers are tricky when people aren’t paying attention because they are either in a hurry to leave or get in the boat. I’d say it is even easier to clip a tail light in a lot when your trailer is empty and all the parked ones are too.

Happened to someone I was with once. They clipped someones trailer after launching. The difference is they left a note with a cell# and an apology and promise to pay to fix.

They never got a call. My guess is leaving the note is the difference between a rant and someone saying its just a taillight, easy fix, nice that they at least took responsibility.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Many of us share in your pain with the idiots in the world today. I don’t know if you caught a glimpse of the pic I had here a few years ago of my trailer. Excellent day on the water. 40+” Musky and a great day-time bite on the eyes. All C&R and was feel’n great about life. Walked up to my trailer to find that it got backed into on both sides. Tail lights busted, a weld snapped that held a rear step, and all I had in the truck to work with for a fix was a tire iron and electrical tape. what a CF

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

This is why I’m not enthusiastic about LED trailer lights. I’ve replaced three lights in the last 8 or 10 years, all parking lot incidents. I’m guessing the $40 LED light assemblies would get smashed just as completely as the $7 incandescent light units.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

I have been on both sides of this one.

Many moons ago, I managed to clip somebody’s trailer on the Turtle Flambeau. I left a note with a phone number / address telling them to call and I will pay for damages for the broken tail light. Never heard from them.

Then a few years back while parked at st croix bluffs in the front row, some nice person stole the entire back left light off my trailer while I was fishing ( cover / light — everything )

Just makes you wonder.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

I have been on both sides of this one.

Many moons ago, I managed to clip somebody’s trailer on the Turtle Flambeau. I left a note with a phone number / address telling them to call and I will pay for damages for the broken tail light. Never heard from them.

Then a few years back while parked at st croix bluffs in the front row, some nice person stole the entire back left light off my trailer while I was fishing ( cover / light — everything )

Just makes you wonder.

At least you could feel good knowing you at least offered to take care of it. Being R-E-S-P-O-N-S-B-I-L-E for your actions used to be common-just like common sense. Now everyone blames the other gut it seems-“He shouldn’t have park so close”-never mind you were the only trailer in the lot when you parked and they were the moron who parked next to you. I had the broken tail light issue a couple of years back, I was walking to my truck as the idiot was backing out and broke it and tried to say he didn’t- the light was still attached to his fender! Needless to say , he went no where until the cops showed up(there was more than light damage) and he opted to cough up cash instead of insurance information. Stupid young punk.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

That’s what I don’t get. When something like this happens there are 2 types of people. Those that immediately think about the person whose property they damaged or those who just think about themselves. No wonder the world is F’ed up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.