Rainy Lake and its Fall Smorgasbord!

• Ryan Schmidt
    Rainy Lake

The September bite has been pretty Awesome so far on Rainy Lake. Big Slabs have been going crazy, walleye fishing remains good, lots of big pike are starting to move back to shallow water which makes casting for them a blast, and those big Rainy Lake Smallies are always on a feeding frenzy in the fall packing on the pounds!
    Fall is a great time to fish on Rainy Lake, and a great time to mix it up. Many of our clients like to target more than one species in a day this time of year. Why not cast for bass or pike all morning, and then give the arms a rest and jig for crappies, and walleyes for a while. You just can’t go wrong when it comes to fishing Rainy in the fall. It’s always been one my favorite bites of the year! If your interested in a guided fishing trip give us a call. I have some open dates in October right now. Good Luck to everyone fishing Rainy this weekend, and enjoy the fall colors, good fishing, and nice weather!

Attachments:
    1. image76.jpg

2. image75.jpg

3. image74.jpg

4. image73.jpg

Ryan Schmidt
    Rainy Lake

A few more pics!

Attachments:
    1. image80.jpg

2. image79.jpg

3. image78.jpg

4. image77.jpg

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

Great looking fish. Can’t wait for next year, I’m done for this year but have booked two trips for next year and trying to put a early June trip together.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I’ll be there 10/2 thru 10/6. Hoping for some decent weather to try working mid lake reefs. I’m fine in cold/rain, just hope its not too windy. Last year was my first year up there, quite a challenge when you’re going out with only when you hear from others and a Lakemaster chip. Each day got better for us last year so we’re hoping this year is better overall than last year.

We primarily go for walleyes, we did a little casting last year in the shallows for smallies or northern without any luck but we didn’t try for crappies. Any tips for those?

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

I’ll be there 10/2 thru 10/6. Hoping for some decent weather to try working mid lake reefs. I’m fine in cold/rain, just hope its not too windy. Last year was my first year up there, quite a challenge when you’re going out with only when you hear from others and a Lakemaster chip. Each day got better for us last year so we’re hoping this year is better overall than last year.

We primarily go for walleyes, we did a little casting last year in the shallows for smallies or northern without any luck but we didn’t try for crappies. Any tips for those?

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

I always seem to fish the crappies to early or to late. When I was a little early caught a few in the Rat root river (in Black Bay) useing slip bobbers and small shiners in the downed trees along shore. Also was told trolling yellow curly tails in the river channel can be deadly. During the summer have caught them by the cribs.
    Good luck

Ryan Schmidt
    Rainy Lake

Big storm the crappie fishing has been awesome! There’s a lot of big pike in the shallows as well as Smallies. Action has been pretty good for them also. Walleyes were a little tough last week with the warmer weather, but they should pick back up soon! Good Luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.