Pool 4 10/26

• shockers
    Rochester

I feel like I’m the only one posting pool 4 reports. Everyone else must be slaying em I guess.

But…not me. Slow today. Windy. Lots of boats. Mostly by dam. Water temp 54 or so.

Did manage to catch a big cat. Whew. Safely released for BK to enjoy.

Attachments:
    1. image66.jpg

joemama
    North St Paul

I feel like I’m the only one posting pool 4 reports. Everyone else must be slaying em I guess.
    <P></P>
    <P>But…not me. Slow today. Windy. Lots of boats. Mostly by dam. Water temp 54 or so.</P>
    <P>Did manage to catch a big cat. Whew. Safely released for BK to enjoy. </P>

how is he water level ?

mojogunter

I was out on Wednesday and it was very slow for me. Found some really small sauger in the sand. Hit spots all the way to the can line. Need some colder water and maybe the bite will pick up. Hopefully it will anyway.

shockers
    Rochester

Water level seems about the same as it has been last couple weeks.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

Fished a couple of times in the last two weeks.
    Very tough bite both trips.
    All saugers except one walleye

Saturday 10/18 = 8 keepable size fish out of 22
    Heavy weight
    real slow presentation
    16-18 fow

Friday 10/24 = 6 keepable size fish out of 18 caught
    Heavy weight
    real slow presentation
    18-20 fow

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

There is NOBODY that is fishing pool 4 that is slaying them !

Until we see the water temps down into the 40’s and alot less leaves and debri I dont think we see anybody “slaying” them.

I have been up the last 3 weeks and all that I have talked to have said it was “slow” catching, even some guides are struggling.

I do know if you put in your time and move around a fair amount you will find the fish,not one particular technique has been working for my boat,the Lindy style rigs,jig n minnow,hair jigs,and plastics have been putting fish in the boat each day while fishing from 8 fow to 18 fow and current seams.

As eyekatcher said “real slow presentation”

Remember with the colder temps coming be safe and ALWAYS wear your PFD.

Be safe my fellow fisheman ! Jeff

mja
    Racine, WI.

We fished hard Oct. 16 thru Oct 22. Caught many walleye and sauger. Only 12 were over 15″. Biggest sauger was a little over 3 pounds. Biggest walleye was close to seven. BK there is a monster flat head swimming around with a hair jig in her lip. The only time we saw her was when she flew out of the water like an Orca. This fish is HUGE. I have seen a lot of big cat pictures on this site and this one is definitely one of the true monsters. This walleye guy almost caught the “no scale fish fever”. Had a great week. Fished hair and minnows. Natural, green and orange all produced. Nothing on plastics and very few on blades.

shockers
    Rochester

Thanks for the reassurance Trumar. Cuz last few times out I feel like I’ve thrown everything at em. Caught a few but whew.

Looking forward to those lower water temps.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I fished for 4 hours today in the wind and watched all the boats very closely in the areas I was fishing and only saw 6 fish caught, I may have missed a few tho. I boated ZERO,but I had several hits and a few minnows stolen,which makes me believe I was moving my bait too fast,5/16 jig n minnow today.

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

Shockers: Seen you out there last couple times. I was up at the dam yesterday with you (burgundy mx2025) We fished the west side of the channel very hard, came up with 6 4 sauger/2 walleye), I try to stay out of the crowd on the other side. 1 walleye was over 20.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

“no scale fish fever”

Careful you might be quarantined!!
    With a jig in it’s mouth, now you know why I use a net. )

With temps at 53… hair and sticks have historically been the producer.

prieser
    Byron, MN

We started out south of Redwing and in the back channel for the morning and part of the afternoon. We finished the day up by the dam. Hit a few spots in between. Boat control was a little tricky, winds were stronger than the current. We were were all but skunked….one smaller striped bass was all that entered the boat. We only saw 2-3 fish boated that day and the reports from boats around us were pretty light as well. We tried, plastics and minnows on jigs. 3 waying and straight trolling with cranks as well. As stated before, way too much leaf debris for pulling cranks. We still had fun and I was able to introduce someone new to the Redwing area.

marendt
    Lake City, MN

My dad and I hit pool 4 Sunday. Tough to say the least. We started in the lake, point no point, hit the cans, youngs cabin, ended up in the back channel to hide from the wind. Only two short walleyes, one 36 inch northern and a crappie for our efforts. For what its worth, we were jigging hair.

shockers
    Rochester

Sorry I didn’t say hi slawrenz. We need some secret signals for fellow idoers

Glad u managed to boat a few.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.