Pontoon Sea Legs

• Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Does anyone have these? After my M-I-L’s pontoon lift got trashed in a storm this summer, she’s curious about Sea Legs. The major downside I see is that you need to cover the boat as opposed to just driving under a canopy. Looking for some feedback from anyone that has them.

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Sea Legs are awesome! It’s great to be able to pull up to any shoreline, hit the up button on the FOB, drop the legs and boom your anchored. They have been reliable and durable, no issues there. In terms of a lift, the first year we had the boat, we just covered it but this summer we bought a canopy and frame from WOW in Clear Lake with no lift and send the pontoon right up into the canopy. Wind hasn’t been an issue with the canopy thus far. I can’t imagine why somebody wouldn’t want sea legs…

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Here’s a look at the set up.

Attachments:
    1. Pontoon-3-of-3.jpg

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Few more.

Attachments:
    1. Pontoon-2-of-3.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

How is that canopy anchored? Our canopy + lift got tossed in the wind–with no lift or boat for weight, I would imagine that canopy is a kite!

Attachments:
    1. Lift.jpg

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

It has 4 really beefy augers/ground anchors that screw into the bottom of the lake at each corner, it’s withstood everything the wind has thrown at it in the Walker area.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I used a friends pontoon boat that had those and all I can say is they are slick.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Two neighbors have them here on cove bay. Neither have had any issues with them, storm related or mechanical. They both are on a sand bottom with a gradual slope. I do t think they would work very good on a soft bottom or a steep break. Just a couple of things to think about

JoeMX1825
    MN

There was a picture floating around the boating sites a few years ago that showed a pontoon flipped over with the sealegs sticking straight up in the air…if you get enough of a side wind, they can be blown over…

flippedfound the picture –

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.