P4 9/27

• shockers
    Participant
    Rochester

Was a pretty slow day overall. Switched up a bunch and finally settled on downstream pulling cranks. Tiny eye. Big sheep. Then…wow. Nice way to end the day. 27″. Safely released.

Attachments:
    1. image97.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Glad you make it out today. I made it down to Everts for a few moments after the apple orchard tour with the Fav GD and the relatics from Reno.. but no fishing.

Water looks great!

shockers
    Participant
    Rochester

I also lost something pretty big. Was on for 10 minutes. Never did see it. I suspect a wily cat.

slawrenz
    Participant
    Twin Cities

We were out Saturday as well. Overall slow. picked up 5 3 eyes 2 sauger, nothing over 17. Looks like I was too stuck in my ways, should have switched it up and tried downstream (only did up)

trumar
    Participant
    Rochester, Mn

Downstream was NOT fast furious either !

I hit up 5 hot spots and only managed 1 keeper size eye and a few shorts.

But as always it was a GREAT day n the water !!

shockers
    Participant
    Rochester

Yeah, it was definitely a slow day for me overall – other than the big tank toward the end. As Trumar said, great day on the water. Well, other than trying not to get capsized as all the Tuna boats roared by.

Water temp was about 66 or 67. Any guesses on how far it has to drop to start turning it on a bit more? I honestly can’t recall from last year what the “ideal” temp seemed to be that began to turn em on.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

A friend and I fished the Lake City Marina this morning for a while and we found 57 degree water in there. Other than a couple of dink sauger we had no real luck.

A move downstream a few miles and we found crappies, sunfish, some small bass, one 16″ walleye and a pike that hit a sunnie being brought in. Lots of pike smacking hooked pannies today.

shockers
    Participant
    Rochester

57?! Wow.

I’ve bern searching for the elusive crappies too. My have to move down river.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.