Owen Nolan – Sportsman 360

• mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

Wondering who Owen Nolan is? Move along.

Supposed NHL fan and still don’t know who Owen Nolan is? Take a hike.

For all others, Sportsman 360 has come to NBCSN! First episode is today on Pike fishing. I’ve been waiting for this show to get picked up in the US. The DVR is all set.

For those still confused but kept reading. Owen Nolan is a future HOF (IMO) player who played for the Nordiques, Sharks and Wild to name a few. He seems like a character. In any event, I am a bit of a fan of his, so the pug be very excited.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Born in Ireland, correct?

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

I knew you’d respond. P

Yes, Belfast, although I think he moved at a pretty young age to Ontario.

From Wikipedia

Nolan is one of six players in NHL history to be born in Ireland or Northern Ireland (Sid Finney, Bobby Kirk, Jim McFadden, Sammy McManus and Jack Riley are the others). He moved to Thorold, Ontario when he was seven months old and grew up playing baseball and soccer; it wasn’t until he was nine that he began skating.

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

Here is the website

Sportsman360TV

Under videos, the last one about the pike is a sneak peek at episode 1. The editing style reminds me a little of another show :whistle:

On the homepage is a trailer.

Maybe I like him because of his sharp looking facial hair.

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

Well, the show is rather boring. I’ve watched 2 episodes. Over half the show is slow motion filler and the omnipresent guy talking and not facing the camera. Also, there is background music running constantly in the background which is a fishing show pet peeve of mine.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

I knew you’d respond. P

Yes, Belfast, although I think he moved at a pretty young age to Ontario.

For the sake of correctness, we should note that Belfast where Nolan was born is not in Ireland. Belfast is in Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom.

This situation has been, ahhh hemh, somewhat troublesome over the past 400 years or so.

Grouse

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Well, the show is rather boring. I’ve watched 2 episodes. Over half the show is slow motion filler and the omnipresent guy talking and not facing the camera. Also, there is background music running constantly in the background which is a fishing show pet peeve of mine.

Nothing worse than having a crush on someone and then find out they are a dud.

Don’t worry pug, you’ll get over it in time )

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

I still think he’s cool, but his show needs work.

My true man crush has always been Jared Spurgeon

Jared Spurgeon

Just look at that baby face.

shamus
    Inactive

Didn’t realize he’s the host of the show. The first time I saw this posted I thought Nolan was a guest. I’ll have to tune in. What time/day is this on NBCSN?

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

I am not sure. Its on NBC Sports in the afternoon during the week I think. I just set up the DVR. It must be Tuesday or Wednesday around 2pm?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.