Open water

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Is there any open water in the Fergus area still. Heading to the farm again this weekend and a couple guys want to do some duck hunting. Got a couple bigger lakes around so I would hope they are still open.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Looking at the temps, it’s gonna be close by the weekend.

deertracker

I had big plans to diver hunt big water the last few weeks of the season. I think when I get back from deer camp I will be surprised about what Im coming home to. I quess Alec got a good amount of snow as schools had a late start.
    DT

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Pretty much everything is still open, except for some of the small, wind-protected sloughs. If the wind would lay down for a day or two a lot of lakes would lock up.

sticker

Pretty much everything is still open, except for some of the small, wind-protected sloughs. If the wind would lay down for a day or two a lot of lakes would lock up.

Thanks Trev, you are very close to the area are farm is in. I appreciate the spot on help!

deertracker

We are almost to the end of the season. One lake on the Alexandria chain is still wide open. I was hoping to hunt it Thursday morning but my buddy decided to back out and ice fish. I guess I have to accept my season is over. -(
    DT

sticker

Yeah, we were up last weekend and couldn’t find open water, not even the Ottertail river so we put the duck gear away and winterized the motors. Maybe some field goose hunting ahead, otherwise just deer and yote hunting now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.