Open Seat for Sturgeon on St. Croix?

• philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Hey Everyone, I don’t know how else to say this, but I have been super interested in trying to sturgeon fish for the last like 2 years. I fish LOTW pretty often with a buddy of mine, and I’ve tried(unsuccessfully) to get him to try fishing the Rainy for sturgeon. I live in the White Bear Lake area, close enough to the St. Croix for it to haunt my dreams. Unfortunately my canoe would probably not fare too well sturgeon fishing, although it could make for an interesting news story.

So, I turn to the massively underrated Catfish/Sturgeon side of this site, is anyone out there looking for someone to fill a seat from time to time? If so, please, send me a friend request/pm. I will GLADLY pay for bait or gas, bring beer/sandwiches/deer sticks, or whatever anyone thinks is fair(or unfair). Not asking for a plush guided trip, hell, I don’t care if you’ve ever fished sturgeon before, I just want to try! It’d honestly by a lot of fun just to meet some other IDOers.

If these posts are not allowed then by all means mods, banish this thread to wherever you banish bad threads, or just re-purpose it into an AIS argument thread.

I’m also open for other avenues of trying to sturgeon fish, I’m not super fond of shore fishing rivers at night(mainly because I’d be by myself), but if the only other answer is ‘hire a guide’, I’m not opposed to that!

Flathead Fever
    robbinsdale mn

Hey Phil,

I just sent you a friend request. I will be going out to the Croix this weekend and may have an open seat. Get back to me with your number on a private message and I will keep you in mind for this Friday or Saturday. Keep in mind that Sturgeon season will be over by the weekend, however catfish eat the same thing a Sturgeon, so we will actually be “catfishing”.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Thanks man! I sent you a pm.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

You did miss the season, but I’ll be out this weekend if you want to catch a shaker.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I sent you and your glorious beard a friend request/message. Not actually sure if the messages go through without being ‘friends’ though.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Yes they do go through (now). Once FBRM accepts the auto generated request, he can read your message.

I’m out for the last time tonight.

Flathead Fever
    robbinsdale mn

Yes they do go through (now). Once FBRM accepts the auto generated request, he can read your message.

I’m out for the last time tonight.

Brian, can you PM me and let me know how the night went, and if your in the same spot as other night….. I want to try for some cats on Friday and Saturday. Thanks

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hopefully you’ll see my results here…but I’ll shoot you a pm too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.