Ok guys, spill the beans…

• andy bice
    Participant
    NULL

How was the pond this weekend? Any leadcore action yet?

Thanks!!!!

kfrj01
    Participant
    woodbury,mn

Friday July 3, 18 walleye for me and wife.Started out on the flats toward the center of lake but with the west winds things were a little rough for her. Weather man called for 5 miles out of the west i”m not buying that.We moved in toward shore and calmer waters, best option was long rigs 10/12ft with red bead #4 octopus hooks ,lots of small fish ,2 fish over 25″ back to back many just over or under the slot not to bad I thought.

sticker
    Participant
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I ran lead core once off the mud flats and once off the deep gravel, same results in both cases, no fish. Had a couple hits but fish were gone before we got to the rod. Had a hard time finding any pods of fish or bait. The lead bite we just not in the cards for me.

Rigging on the mud flats did produce a lot of fish but all were small 10-14″

brian_peterson
    Participant
    Eagan, MN

Heading up today for 4 days, report to follow.

Pauleye
    Participant
    Onamia

I trolled the basin and mud areas this weekend. I found lots of fish and bait. The fish I caught were few and far between. I had better luck pulling a #7 Shad Rap along the weed edges in 12 to 15′ of water.

andy bice
    Participant
    NULL

Thanks for the info guys! sounds like this may not be the summer for leadcore on mille lacs. I’ve only been on the lake once so feel like with leadcore i have a chance because i can cover a lot of water. without it, i’m not sure i would know where to start with slip bobbers.

joshkral
    Participant

Just go for a cruise in the basin where the bottom doesn’t change more than a foot for miles. Set your slip bobbers right off the bottom, drive around until you mark fish, then slam her in reverse and pitch off the back of the boat. If you use a bigger float with a heavy sinker, your bait will get down fast and if the fish you marked are active your bobber will go down instantly. You can go at faster paces than trolling covering more water and only stopping when you see fish. I haven’t mastered this yet but have caught fish doing it. Its really cool seeing your bobber stand up then go down within seconds.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.