Night Fishing Pool 2

• ssperch
    Hudson, WI

Hey All!

Just curious when guys start pitching wing dams at night on Pool 2. Has this bite already started? Does it generally fire up at a certain water temp or water clarity?

Tight Lines,

Sam

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

It depends a lot on barge traffic. When the Tugs head south for the winter, they stop churning up the bottom and sucking all the water off the wingdams. The water clarity increases, and the night bite begins. Ultimately it comes down to the weather. They want to be out of here before it freezes over so they’re watching the weather channel just like we are.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

How’s the clarity on 2? Beginning of the week on the SAF pool clarity was clear, at night easily see 3-4′, last night flow kicked up and more junk in water.
    That being said lots of fish caught early in week at night, last night full moon I got two (

Lately fish won’t touch live bait, usually always get some on golden shiners. Chart. jighead with chart. ring worm even the small eyes have been absolutely demolishing. If the fish are there, they bite though, had multiple 10″ eyes almost rip the rod right out of my hand.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Clarity is not great on 2. Im guessing maybe see 6″ deep. Im sure there are a few fish biting after dark but not sure if its worth while yet. Still plenty biting during the day right now and maybe hit the low light periods of the day.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Late October or Early November the last two years.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Agree with Francis, later this month should get real good.

Figured out why i had no luck the other night, wth are they doing with the flow!!! )

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_2014-10-09-20-06-05.png

kwp
    Eden Prairie

The flow chart from the national Weather Service seems to show a pretty consistent flow rate over the last few days. Wonder what the difference was??

Attachments:
    1. New-Picture-1.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Youve got a couple locks helping out by the time you get to St. Paul.

I’m sure it has something to do with the construction of the dam. Talked to some fellow fisherman up there over the last couple years during the construction and the way they are changing gates, and flow has really messed up fishing. I am not worried about it at all, got to sacrifice for upgrades once in a while.

Was more concerned with them messing up the shoreline by building temp. roads and whatnot but everything seems unchanged and very happy with that. You better believe you’d see me on the news chained to a boulder if that was happening. I won’t save a tree, but spawning habitat I’d go to jail for.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.