New River PB!

• Tim J
    Duluth, MN

Fished Thursday afternoon/evening on P2 around Lions Levee pitching and casting current seams. I had one hook up right away but didn’t get her in the net fighting in the heavy current but she was probably in the low 20’s. Fished the same area for another 30 min without a bit so went off in search of other spots. For the next 4 hours I probably hit 6 other spots mostly casting cranks and pitching jigs with plastics. Sun was getting low so I decided to head back to the launch and the first spot I had the hook up earlier in the day was on the way so I figured I’d stop and give it another couple casts. Well, as I was thinking to myself “ok, next one is last cast”, WHAM this one hit. Didn’t realize how big it was because I was casting upstream and it wasn’t until I had it next to the boat that I felt the big shakes. A quick net job and a couple ugly selfies. Just over 25″ and my new river PB after getting into the river late last summer, I’m happy. She bit a #7 flicker shad with dark green back and white bellY in about 6 FOW.

Attachments:
    1. 7-17-2014-25-walleye-P2-selfie.jpg

2. 7-17-2014-25-walleye-P2.jpg

procor
    Mounds View, MN

Awesome fish! Congrats on the PB! The current seams have been good this week.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Nice fish and a great way to end a fishing trip! Congratulations on PB!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Way to go. Always nice when you can upgrade on fish size.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Very nice.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Nice Summer P-2 Eye!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.