New box blind complete

• sticker
    Participant
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Built this out of all reclaimed wood, paid almost nothing for the whole thing, but it turned out pretty nice. Had the house itself built in my barn at home and took it apart and installed it on the base we put up last weekend. Turned out real good, and it’s in a dynamite spot. Our ladder was a little short so we had to improvise with the tractor bucket for the roof installation.

Attachments:
    1. complete.jpg

2. ladder.jpg

3. base.jpg

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Very nice.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

That’s a really nice blind and if the cost was low, even better. What windows did you use?

Man, lumber costs these days are no laughing matter. If you’re buying at retail prices, honestly, it wouldn’t be too hard to have a $1,500+++ box blind in just materials if you really added everything up.

I used to think the cost of those pre-fab tower blinds was outrageous, but it’s not cheap building them your self either.

Grouse

sticker
    Participant
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

The windows are home made from free plexi and scrap extrusion I got from work. Yes, the lumber prices are out of hand. Had it not been for all the free material I would not have built this one. I seriously only paid for the roof material and screws and 6- 1″x3″ for the roof framing. All the rest was free except my labor to tear it apart.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

That’s a really nice blind and if the cost was low, even better. What windows did you use?

Man, lumber costs these days are no laughing matter. If you’re buying at retail prices, honestly, it wouldn’t be too hard to have a $1,500+++ box blind in just materials if you really added everything up.

I used to think the cost of those pre-fab tower blinds was outrageous, but it’s not cheap building them your self either.

Grouse

Grouse – I priced out building 3 for a guy this summer. Using vinyl cheap windows that were returned to a lumber yard (shipped wrong color), vinyl siding, and 36″ 1/2 glass door I was about $2,700 each in materials. No interior finish!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.