MX1825 or WX1910

• nailswi
    Waunakee, WI

Hello everyone,
    Been doing a lot of research the last year trying to decide on which boat to buy.
    I plan on fishing Erie 1-2 times per year and a trip or 2 to Green Bay. Besides those 2 big waters I fish Canada for a week and inland lakes and river systems like the Mississippi and Wisconsin. We will also use the boat for family fun, cruises and tubing.
    For those of you who have the MX 1825, will she handle the big waters or would the WX1910 be that much better.
    On the other hand, if I chose the 1910 how would that handle smaller waters and shallow ramps. I think both boats draft about the same so that might be a wash. I mostly fish walleyes and panfish, so being close to the water isn’t as important as for muskie,pike and bass anglers(can I say “bass” here? ). The one negative I see with the 1910 is the lack of seat bases on the rear deck like the 1825 has.

All things being said, if the 1825 handles rough water well enough that would likely be my choice. However, if the fishability of the 1910 and launching on shallow Canadian accesses is equal to the 1825 then I may lean that way.

I’m not looking for anyone to make the decision for me, but, by discussing the pros and cons of each boat and comparing to the ways we will be using the boat I am hoping to make the best decision.

Thanks all,
    looking forward to your responses and discussion. maybe some other boat shoppers will benefit from this thread.

sktrwx2200

I owned a MX 1825 for 3 years. Its a sweet boat. great tracking, trolling, and drifting.. Awesome fish-ability. Very dry ride. I loved everything about the boat except for the ride. I fish big waters as well. And it just wasnt designed for that. It can definitely handle the stuff, but Its just how bad you want to beat yourself up and your equipment. WX was a better fit for me. Though it was tough getting rid of such a great boat in the MX.

sktrwx2200

ALSO
    Found the jump seas in the rear, very handy for family and extra people in the boat vs. extra seat bases.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

@nailswi

This is such a tough decision because you’re description of what you want from a boat has you basically split right down the middle between the two models. The MX 1825 is a marvelous boat to fish from and the storage is set up bow to stern the way a fisherman would want it.

Previous WX models under 20 foot didn’t have some of the new interior design changes that you found in the MX models – like the Rod Holster, etc. But those improvements are now found in the WX 1910 although you won’t get the wide open lay-out like you find in the MX 1825.

I’ve spent a bunch of time in the WX 1910 this fall and I’ve taken it out in some hairy conditions. In my opinion the WX 1910 is the best riding 19′ boat Skeeter has made to date.

So what would I suggest? Given you don’t fish bass, pike or muskie and primarily target walleye or panfish and you mention you plan to use your new boat for skiing, tubing, family fun (those jump seats on the WX 1910 will come in handy) I’d recommend you take a long look at the WX 1910. And that’s not easy for me to say knowing how much I love my MX 2025. It just seems like the WX 1910 might be a better fit.

My 2 cents.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

The one negative I see with the 1910 is the lack of seat bases on the rear deck like the 1825 has…..

This is great feedback from new potential boat owners to express changes they would like to be seen on new boat models. Looking at the WX1910 in the show room, I agree that would be a nice place to put a seat base.

Josh Freeseman

This is my exact predicament right now, I am coming from a ranger 692 absolutely love the boat but its time for something new cant afford a ranger fisherman series and really like the skeeter especially for a much lower price tag and yammy 4 stroke motors.
    I have only ever ridden in a wx 1850 boat seemed nice bit small bow and it was so calm that day it was hard to tell how she would ride in rough water
    I really like the way the 1825 sits lower in the water but like the idea of the 1910 being better ride and the bow is so much bigger
    both seem to have great rod storage unlike the old 1900 and 1850 which frankly i hated could not get even a 6 1/2 ft in the center
    my concern about the 1910 is how will it fish sitting up higher in the water will it catch so much wind it acts as a sail? my 692 was really great at not catching wind
    Either way im going to test ride both before i purchase but if anybody could let me know what they know of boat control in 1910 especially in wind and if its worth the better ride and larger bow

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.