Musky Ice Fishing

• Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

With about a week and a half left in the MN Musky season, some buddies and I decided to go after some Musky and Walleye today.

Attachments:
    1. image74.jpg

2. image73.jpg

3. image72.jpg

zipdogfishing
    Utah

Nice lookin fish! I’ve never targeted musky through the ice. I live in Utah and we have tiger musky. I’d love to try catching one this year! What do you recommend for rigging? We can’t use live bait here. Don’t mean to high jack your thread )

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Depends on the forage base of the lake you’re fishing… I prefer jigging raps and spoons that reflect the same color patterns that do well in the summer.

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

Great colors those eyes are so cool looking

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

Awesome Eyes and Musky! In Northeast/North Central IN the DNR stocks Musky. They are treated more holy then the cows in India. My personal opinion is similar to pike, big ones go back and eaters end up on the table (Granted I have never caught a Musky). What is the general opinion of the Musky up North?

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Awesome Eyes and Musky! In Northeast/North Central IN the DNR stocks Musky. They are treated more holy then the cows in India. My personal opinion is similar to pike, big ones go back and eaters end up on the table (Granted I have never caught a Musky). What is the general opinion of the Musky up North?

That is the nice thing about fishing for Muskies, it is easy to decide between “keeping” and “releasing”. When fishing for Muskies, there are no eaters, they ALL go back.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

I’m sure they would taste just like pike, but like Dave said, they all go back!

shamus
    Inactive

Great colors those eyes are so cool looking

Yeah they are…that gold fleck is awesome…so pretty.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Fishing dumbbell or crescent?

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Are they all shopaks in there to?

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Yep, Dumbell has some pure strain in it too though

Bryan Myers

That looks like a fun day on the ice. It’s awesome that with this early ice you can get out and target muskies for a few days.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.