MNDNR Should Do This

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Incentivize letting the big ones go!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Personally, I would not participate in this. I would however participate without the monetary incentive.

I think you’ve been a proponent of the CPR state records, correct? That interests me much more than the cash.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

So where does the money come from? Taxes?

I am not real excited to pay for someone else to catch a big fish….Sorry!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well it won’t come from your State Income Tax in FLorida…

It comes from the sale of licenses and such. In fact, you may already be paying for it…

Where It All Began
    Revenue is generated from federal taxes on fishing-related items such as licenses, motorboat fuels, and fishing gear which funds recreational sport fishing enhancement projects throughout Florida. The money is returned to Florida based on a formula involving the number of individual paid license holders.

Also, we are talking gift cards…that means sponsors…sponsors It’s like saying, I don’t want softball leagues in Minnesota, because I don’t want my taxes paying for chubby, middle age guys drinking beer and pretending to still be athletic.;

Last, but not least, they also may not spend quite as much on stocking.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Investigate how much it costs to get a stocked muskie to 42″, then the idea of paying to let them go might make more sense.

desperado

I have a good idea what it costs to get a human from nursery to 18 … but ain’t seeing any payment for it

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Hey…..I think this is a great idea. For Florida.

The Minnesota DNR has enough on their plate already that they can’t figure out and adding a program like this would put them over the edge.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m not sure they have any more on their plate than any other state. Perception is the key. Ultimately one of the things they’re faced with is declining license sales. They need to figure out how to improve that.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m not sure they have any more on their plate than any other state. Perception is the key. Ultimately one of the things they’re faced with is declining license sales. They need to figure out how to improve that.

I would argue that WE should be focused on this more than anyone. This coming from someone who hasn’t bought a fishing license in two years. I spend my funds elsewhere in the DNR now days but the fact is I feel it’s still my responsibility to hand down our heritage to others.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You mean there TV ads and press releases about more enforcement and issuing tickets isn’t driving up fishing licence sales? Hard to believe.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’d like to retract this idea. When I first saw it I thought it was pretty cool. However, after thinking about it, I just don’t see a substantial return on investment. I don’t think that it would all of a sudden enlighten people on conservation and selective harvest. At this point, you either get it or you don’t and you either will pass it on to the next generation or not.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>biggill wrote:</div>

You mean there TV ads and press releases about more enforcement and issuing tickets isn’t driving up fishing licence sales? Hard to believe.

Didn’t say that and don’t even remotely believe that. License sales is only one thing. I’m pretty sure MN isnt the only one dealing with those same issues.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Matt to your previous point. C&R records is something simple they could do that would cost next to nothing…if anything.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Well it won’t come from your State Income Tax in FLorida…

It comes from the sale of licenses and such. In fact, you may already be paying for it…

Where It All Began
    Revenue is generated from federal taxes on fishing-related items such as licenses, motorboat fuels, and fishing gear which funds recreational sport fishing enhancement projects throughout Florida. The money is returned to Florida based on a formula involving the number of individual paid license holders.

Also, we are talking gift cards…that means sponsors…sponsors It’s like saying, I don’t want softball leagues in Minnesota, because I don’t want my taxes paying for chubby, middle age guys drinking beer and pretending to still be athletic.;

I am glad its in Florida and not in MN. I can’t imagine how the DNR or our state Legislature would not get their hands into the mix and spend more tax dollars. And just because they use gift cards does not equate that they were for free from a sponsor. IN MN it will absolutely mean more spent tax dollars and another government/DNR opportunity to fowl things up.

If it is financially backed by donations only….. then maybe but I am sure the state or DNR could still screw things up. IMHO

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.