MinnKota Ulterra

• FryDog62

I read Randy Weiland’s great review on iCast where he listed the MinnKota Ulterra as a category winner this year. I also saw some other demos on it (links below). It looks like a pretty good new option for deployment. I remember my state-of-the-art Ranger just 5 years ago and the MinnKota I had on it. It took plumber’s grease and all of my 180 pounds to get that motor out of the cradle and deployed. What a pain.

The new Ulterra deploys and adjusts easily and has more intuitive features on the foot pedal. On my current iPilot Link Terrova I don’t use my foot pedal at all, mostly because it lacks the spot-lock feature. The Ulterra foot pedal has that and some other features. Don’t know if I’d give up my remote…but then again maybe..

Anyway, looks like a nice new product. Just wish they’d figure out a way to put a 360 Imaging transducer on it for a deecent price then I’d sell my current unit to a buddy of mine and pick up an Ulterra.

Nice addition having the spot lock on the food pedal. Anyone know if the foot pedal will have the ability to move the shaft up & down or is that only on the remote?

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

I think it shows you on the Al Lindner vid. It works with the foot pedal as well. I think there is a button you use to select steering or up and down. And then you use the steering arrow buttons (l/r) to go up or down when that option is selected!

Roger Hubby

Anyone have a good idea on where to put three batteries on a pontoon boat? We want to get an Ulterra but battery storage is problematic it seems. It’s a 24 foot with livewells on both sides. Has a trolling gate.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Anyone have a good idea on where to put three batteries on a pontoon boat? We want to get an Ulterra but battery storage is problematic it seems. It’s a 24 foot with livewells on both sides. Has a trolling gate.

The best location that i have seen has been under one of the storage compartments/seats. It takes up room but is usually the only option left.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.