Mille lacs report

• bowtecmike
    Participant
    Zimmerman mn

Wow is the first thing I will say the walleyes on Mille lacs are extremely healthy and fat! There is a lot of bait fish out there and the beginning of a bug hatch last night was going on. I fished from 3pm-9:15 boated roughly 40 walleyes and no keepers (which is fine I was there to have fun with my son not looking for meals) he got the biggest of the day at 26″ very thick I’ve attached a pic. Did equally well on rigs and leeches and jig with minnow. Found fish in a few different spots that were active. Great younger year classes coming up we pulled about 15 fish that were 8″-13″

Attachments:
    1. 20150521_151000.jpg

2. 20150521_150938.jpg

joshkral
    Participant

Nice pics, his face says it all. I hope I can make it up there in June.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Nice! waytogo We got a few today rigging, Water temp 62.

lancew
    Participant

You were on a hot bite.
    3 boats fished all weekend here and caught 2 fish….

Allan Davis
    Participant
    Carlton, MN

one word PRO! nice job

bowtecmike
    Participant
    Zimmerman mn

It wasn’t fast and furious during the day we pulled a fish every 30 mins but at 745-9 it was game on we had a fish literally every 2-4 mins but there were a lot of little ones mixed in at that time. I also worked my press didn’t just drag it around.

wallster
    Participant
    Austin, MN

Great pics. Can’t beat the smile on that little guys face. Yes there are still fishing in Mille lacs. Guy just has to do more searching. The bugs were horrible on the north end Saturday. Wind pushed them all up there. Did you find your fish out on the mud or shoreline transition areas? I went out for a couple hours in the rain on Sunday and didn’t find a fish on the mud did find some on shoreline breaks though.
    Wallster ><((((>

bowtecmike
    Participant
    Zimmerman mn

Great pics. Can’t beat the smile on that little guys face. Yes there are still fishing in Mille lacs. Guy just has to do more searching. The bugs were horrible on the north end Saturday. Wind pushed them all up there. Did you find your fish out on the mud or shoreline transition areas? I went out for a couple hours in the rain on Sunday and didn’t find a fish on the mud did find some on shoreline breaks though.
    Wallster ><((((>

Still on shoreline breaks when I was out. Should transition soon to mud especially with the bug hatch this weekend. I headed up to Leech sun. early and the may flys were terrible going around the west end on my way up. Leech bite has been solid pulled a 29 1/2 this AM.

Attachments:
    1. 20150525_074717-1.jpg

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Our group did well this weekend. last night in the rain, 3 in the boat, boated about 40 walleyes in the rocks. And drumroll…. “1 in the slot !” smash

wallster
    Participant
    Austin, MN

I hit leech on Saturday and did really good. Those fish are sure on the chew right now. Going to give it a shot here on Mille lacs tonight and maybe leech in the am again tomr if I can find someone to go for a half day.

Wallster ><((((>

Allan Davis
    Participant
    Carlton, MN

awesome double comment Will lol applause grin

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

awesome use of the word “awesome” guys! Really awesome.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.