Marcum Cameras

• bsully23
    Pittsville, WI

I am thinking about getting rid of my FL-20 this year & picking up a RT-9, but I have a few questions about camera’s & accessories.

Can anyone justify the price differences & compatibility of Marcum cameras for use with the RT-9?

– Rt-9 Camera Modular kit: 1/3″ Super HADD II color, panner, Direction, temp, & depth,. $549

– PanCam Camera System: 1/3″ Super HADD II color, panner, battery, WIFI control, (direction, temp, depth??)- $349

– VS-825SD- 1/3″ Super HADD II color/B&W, panner, 8″ screen, battery, (direction, temp, depth??)- $699

– VS-485C- 1/3″ Super HADD II color/B&W, panner, 7″ screen, battery, (direction, temp, depth??)- $349

Anyone know if the RT-9 soft pack comes with a detachable camera storage department in the back like the LX-9? If not would that be included with the RT-9 Camera Module kit? If the VS-485C is $200 cheaper & is the same camera as the Camera Modular Kit could a guy just purchase that & plug it into a RT-9 or aren’t the cameras detachable on VS models?

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

I had the same thoughts that the add on parts for the RT-9 seemed way over priced. There has to be more to it. I believe James mentioned in another thread that the cameras are compatible, but you may also need a mount to attach the camera to.

I was also looking at the pancam, but for the same price I would sooner get the vs-485. I ended up getting a lightly used VS-625SD for less than any of the new ones.

I will wait for the price to come down or find a used higher end one in the future.

wgorby
    Greenville, Michigan

I am currently looking at getting the Pancam for one reason….its the only Marcum camera that has DVR/Picture capabilities with the App via whatever device (smartphone/tablet etc.) you are using to watch the video stream. I also thought the RT-9 add on parts seemed a bit overpriced…just got my LX-7 last year…..I’m good for now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.