Looking for new tires for truck

• brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Hi guys, I’m looking for new tires for my 08 Silverado. I’m looking for opinions on what a quality and reasonably priced tire anybody recommends. I’m looking for 265/65/18 only.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Not sure on your size but I put on the Cooper AT3’s last year on my 04 2500HD and love them. The are quiet but give me great traction for ice fishing and plowing.

PLUS they are made in the USA!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Michelin LTX is by far my truck tire of preference. They’re a bit spendy, but you’ll get the miles out of them. I got a set of Coopers this spring because of the price (CHEAP!!!) and I can already see the difference. I’m at about 20K this year on them and they are wearing much faster.

big_g
    Isle, MN

He said reasonably priced )

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Reasonably priced leaves room for interpretation. Cost per anticipated miles or initial cost

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

I agree Randy great tires and very quiet compared to the Coopers that were on
    before. yes , a little spendy but worth it

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Best tire I have had is GY Duratrac. Put 80k on those tires and would have gone more but wanted new tread for winter that year.
    Milage and ice/snow are great. Low price per mile in the long run.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

BFG’s All Terrain KO’s. Awesome traction and really not that loud for having an aggressive tread.

usafcatm
    Drummond, WI

Michelin MX2….great all around tire that wore very well. Had them on my Suburban and they worked well on snow and off road but were quite and a great ride.

mattgroff

I put a set of runway enduros on my 2013 f150 cause I burned the soft ass goodyears off by 30k but anyway the runways are a cheaper tire but have a more aggressive tread pattern they are a little noisey on the road but seem to be wearing good and are great off road or on gravel which I drive a ton of. I got the whole set installed mounted and balenced for 650.00 at a ford dealership. Probly not the best quality tire but it seems to be working great and I would buy another set again forsure.

mmitties
    SE MN

For quality and price you can’t beat the Cooper AT 3’s. I just put a set on my Ford F150 275/65/18 for $803 after $70 Cooper rebate and $50 Fleet Farm gift card.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Check Sam’s Club even if you aren’t a member. You can still go in and check prices.

I have never found a lower price than Sam’s on any tire if you include mount/balance and all other fees. Yes, you will see “cheaper” fake prices in ads, but then they want absolutely stupid ripoff prices for the mount/balance.

The savings on the tires will more than cover the membership fee.

Grouse

Todd Henneberg
    Boyd, MN

I have an 09 and just bought same size Firestone Destination A/T, bout a grand worth. Know it’s not maybe what you’re looking for but was not much different in price with any brand. And I have always had Firestone and have had great luck with them.

boat
    SD

Firestone Destination A/T….Great all around tire and reasonably priced!! )

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Thanks guys. I’ve been doing a little research on the Hankook Dyna pros….seem to be a decent tire for the money.

jerry b
    western WI

I realize this might be taboo to some, but in your search for tires, give recaps a look. Can’t beat the price and the ones I’m looking at come with a 2 yr guarantee- – -they’ve come a long way baby- – -just sayin’- – -jerr

bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

I also burned through my soft Goodyears on my 2012 F-150, mine only lasted 28K though….since then I put on a set of Toyo Open Country AT/2’s and all I can say is wow…..Fairly quiet, great tread, good wear, looks great and perform even better. Highly recommend to anyone looking in a set of tires…

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I put Hankook Dyna Pro’s on my old F150 and was very impressed with the tire. Excellent traction in snow and on the ice. Very quiet tire as well in terms of how aggressive the tread is. I like to shop for tires on Ebay from Discount Tire, some store is usually blowing them out. If purchased from a Discount Tire you will get free rotation no matter where they purchased.

lhprop1
    Eagan

I put Hankook Dyna Pro’s on my old F150 and was very impressed with the tire. Excellent traction in snow and on the ice. Very quiet tire as well in terms of how aggressive the tread is. I like to shop for tires on Ebay from Discount Tire, some store is usually blowing them out. If purchased from a Discount Tire you will get free rotation no matter where they purchased.

I don’t know if that’s the best choice of words when talking about tires.

I had the Hankook DynaPros on my last truck. I was more than happy with them. I just traded that truck in, but when my new truck needs tires, I’m planning on going with them again.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Which Hankook DynaPros are you guys running? I see AS, ATM, and HT.

tucrs
    NW Metro

+2 for Hankook Dynapro’s Amazing traction on ice and snow.

My stock F150 Goodyears are like having rubber concrete boots on glare ice.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

For quality and price you can’t beat the Cooper AT 3′s. I just put a set on my Ford F150 275/65/18 for $803 after $70 Cooper rebate and $50 Fleet Farm gift card.

I also have the AT3 on my Ram in 20’s, cheapest decent tire I could find in the size. If I remember right I got them under $700 with the FF $50 rebate and 10% off for opening a credit card with them, and $70 back from Cooper.

The Michlen tires are amazing but $$$$ upfront

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

The Michelin tires I’ve had were all such a hard compound that the wear was great, but the traction was not. They would slip so easily on a boat ramp or on any hard, wet surface, and after I got rid of them I realized how much understeer slippage they were inducing in tight corners because the compound is so hard.

Totally agree on the mileage front, though. I got over 85000 on my last set.

Grouse

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

Yep I am going to need tires on the Duramax soon. It is between the Coopers and the Hankook, so I am looking for all the reviews I can find. I think the price is real close on both?

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Thanks guys. I’ve been doing a little research on the Hankook Dyna pros….seem to be a decent tire for the money.

I put these on my truck 45,000 miles ago and the wear is very minimal. Went for a free tire rotation and the guy says “really, you have 45,000 miles on these” I am on and off road a lot and they have been great tires.

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Nitto Terra Grapplers are nice looking and great performing. I always get the 10 ply version.

Besox

I have owned 3 sets of Coopers on various trucks, all ran very good and was very happy with them.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.