Looking for info about Devils Lake SD for Perch

• das_bass
    Participant
    Mound, MN

Some friends of mine are thinking about trying to put together a trip in Feb/Mar to Devils Lake SD for some of the perch fishing we have heard so much about. Since none of us have ever gone there before, I was hoping to get advice from some of the folk on the website. Is it worth driving from the Twin Cites to Devils Lake, or would we be just as well off trying someplace like Winnibigosh? Is that a place you can find spots on your own, or do you really need to get a guide to do any good? Is it something a 4-wheel drive SUV/truck hand handle, or would we need snowmobiles? Pretty much any advice that anyone is willing to give us.

Thanks

mh454
    Participant
    ND

Devils Lake, ND?

icenutz
    Participant
    Aniwa, WI

Yes it is in ND not SD. There are some very good Perch lakes in SD, Bitter is one.

tedroost
    Participant
    Devils Lake

Yes go to Devils Lake, SD whistling THAT’S WHERE ALL THE FISH ARE!
    You can find fish on your own it’s just a moving game and with the cold last year it wasn’t that fun. Guided trips are easier if youv’ve never been here. They keep you on or move you to a better spot which usually leads to a full bag limit of big fish (too many in my opinion). If we get a lot of snow you will need a snowmobile if we don’t have much snow you won’t need a snowmobile. There are some plowed roads that can lead to some good spots.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.