Leech update 10/14/14

• fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

Fished sat on leech and it was a tuff bite high winds and cloudy water. Fished the west side of the lake and I think the lake just turned over which turned the fish off.

Changed it up and fished a different area yesterday. Light winds so we found that trolling light jigs 1 mile to 1.5 behind the boat 50ft or more put fish in the boat used 1/16 and 1/8 jigs a Northland vegas jig in gold was the hot jig.

Nice fat walleyes and this area had some good perch going with some sorting you had some nice fish. Seems the fall bite is going good on shallow flats in 7ft should continue until we get ice.

Pics

Attachments:
    1. leech-Oct.jpg

2. Nate-walleyes.jpg

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Nice catch fishnut!

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Love the livewell pix! I’ll be on Leech (out of Fed Dam) on 10/25,26. Hope the weather holds up! RR

chomps
    Sioux City IA

we were in Portage Bay at the same time frame last year and hit a cold front perfectly. Perch were plentiful and a few walleye along the shoreline breaks on the east and kind of south section of the bay. The perch were just outside Waboose, and they needed to be sorted. Now three weekends ago the perch were in Waboose really shallow and they were pigs!. Good luck, if the weather holds up, stay shallow.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Well done Bob! Good info.

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

Love the livewell pix! I’ll be on Leech (out of Fed Dam) on 10/25,26. Hope the weather holds up! RR

The weather looks good for your trip. Those fish that way should be feeding. My Pics came from that area in Portage bay you can also target the perch if the wallyeys arent biting. Good Luck

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Thanks Bob…Hope they’re snappin!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.