League interest?

• Andy Fiolka
    Participant
    Boise, Idaho

I’ve been seeing some interest pop up concerning competitive ice fishing leagues. Access to some of these leagues are limited due to being full or other factors such as geography.

Is there any interest in starting a small league for IDO followers? What I have in mind (hypothetically), would be 2-4 events split between MN and SD. Possibly a championship for maybe the top 10 in points after the regular events?

Ideas:
    -Small fields, to avoid tournament permits in both states. Maybe 20-30 anglers? (with a successful season, this could expand)
    -Small entry fee with 100% payback. $25/angler per event. Affordable.
    -Panfish oriented. A bluegill event, crappie event, and a perch event. Maybe a combo of all 3?

I have lots of ideas, but would like to judge interest before putting much time/effort into this. I would be more than willing to help get this off the ground.

Thoughts?

tucrs
    Participant
    NW Metro

I am interested.

Andy Fiolka
    Participant
    Boise, Idaho

Here is what I am thinking for lakes:

Pickeral Lake – NE SD
    Lake Osakis – MN
    Mississippi River Backwater TBD – MN

Championship:
    Waubay Lake, NE SD

The combo of these bodies of water will present anglers with various options for panfish. weeds, basins, main lake structure. They are all known for strong panfish populations. These can be adjusted by interest as well. Again, just throwing ideas out.

Brad Anderson
    Participant
    Minnesota

Interested, prefer a little less of a drive then some lakes posted.

Bryan Myers

I think it sounds like a great time I just wish I lived closer.

Todd Henneberg
    Participant
    Boyd, MN

I’d be game for it. Bitter would be a good land also for a SD lake for perch.

scmelik
    Participant
    South Dakota

Andy I think its a good idea but for some of us we get one out of state trip a year so having to go to MN multiple time or SD multiple times would be tough if not impossible.

What about doing a SD league and a MN league and the top 8 teams meet in either MN, SD, ND, or even IA for the end of the year championship aligned with an end of the year IDO get together? Its a little more work and will take more coordination (id be willing to help out where I can since I probably won’t be able to fish), but that way people really only have to make a big trip once instead of multiple times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.