late season sturgeon

• Grizper

Hey guys,
    This is my first year of sturgeon fishing and have been having a great time doing it. We have had great success with much thanks to information I have gotten off this forum. We haven’t been out in a week and my question is with this colder weather that has moved in will the sturgeon stop biting or does it not affect them?

Thanks in advance

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It should actually get better. You should actually start seeing bigger fish as well. You might have to search for other spots though.

If you aren’t catching fish, move.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Water temp dropped about 10 degrees over the weekend. Bite cranked WAYYY up.

Now’s the time to get out and fish.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I posted some new photos in my photo gallery from Saturday night and I’m waiting for some from last night.

I’ll get them posted here later tonight.

If you’re not catching fish where your fishing (assuming your rigged properly) move.

They are out there looking for your taste morsel!

Grizper

thanks for the response guys, I am going out on Tuesday night. If I have been catching them in the same spot all September will they still be in the same place or do they run deeper now? Or do they use different areas all together? Any information is greatly appreciated.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Try there, if not, move.

Lots of boats fishing lots of different areas this past weekeend and there were lots of big fish landed…

Fish and Move.

Grizper

Thanks guys had a great night once the wind layed down. Caught 8 but missed a lot. fished from 7 to 11:30. Best was 51″ and caught my first tagged fish. Hooked for life at this point.

mr. pike

Thanks guys had a great night once the wind layed down. Caught 8 but missed a lot. fished from 7 to 11:30. Best was 51″ and caught my first tagged fish. Hooked for life at this point.

What have you been using for bait?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Nice avatar!

“Hooked for life”

That happens a lot. )

Grizper

Looking at the weather gonna try one last night tomorrow night. Winds out of the north 8-9 mph according to weatherbug. Hope it lays down better than that. Feel the need for a capper to the season.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

At least it’s out of the North!

Good Luck!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.