Last nights deer hunt.

• mattgroff

Last night me and the wife decided to head to the blind. As the weather was a little warm and the wind not perfect we decided to bring are 4.5yr old son with us. And with the rut around the corner and hopefully cooler temps this was probly the last time to get the little guy out.
    As we got out of the truck and said hi to the land owner. We headed to the blind. On the way there we were about a 100 yards away my wife noticed a doe already out in front of the blind. Well at this time the wind was in are favor so we walked real slow towards her anticipating the doe would probably spook she kept feeding. As we got to about 45 yards my wife says Matt shoot her. It would be cool for breckin
    (Are son) to see. So I moved my pin to 45 yards and drew back as she started to walk a little I gave a smasl noise to stop her. I let the arrow fly and absolutely crushed her. And to have my son be there was an awesome moment for me and my wife. Although all the cameras were in the bag at the time I managed to put the gopro on his head and let him track it. She only went 30 yards but to see that little guy and how excited he was made the whole night worth it. Didn’t plan on shooting a doe but I had to for the little guy. It was one great hunt that I know we will all never forget.

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

That moment will last longer and be more cherished than any ten pointer could ever be!
    Congrats on the hunt!

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

totally cool WTG ! and congrats )

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

What a great story!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Great stuff Matt. Nothing like the sparkle in a kid’s eye as they look up to us. Someday Breckin will hand this tradition down to his children and feel that same sense of pride you are.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Like I just got done typing on Kooty’s post, reading about the excitement of hunting with your kids through posts like this just gets me more and more excited for a few years down the road when my little guy, Hunter, can join me in the woods. Well done Matt!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.