Lake Michigan Milwaukee WI 9-17-14

• diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Fished from 3 till 730. Tough fishing. Marine forecast I saw was SW winds 1 foot waves. Got there and they were SE winds with 2-3 footers. I was not having that. Worked the harbor with everything I had spoons, cranks on slide divers and flat lines and jigged gulp. Baitfish and marks in the north gap. Nothing. Bait also in the harbor as well as lots of marks. Fishing traffic was light and everyone I spoke to was struggling. Saw the lake starting to lay down at 630ish worked out of the main gap. Marked a few fish but no hits. Trolled north from main gap to north gap telling my partner we were in magic time since the sun was down. Nothing. But my partner kept saying all day that the rod near him was going to pop. He said it again just as I called home and told the boss when I would be home. Then get this, he waves his hand over the rod to give it a “spell” and not two minutes later he is yelling fish on. Got a 4 year old hen about 10-12 pounds on a wonderbread j plug. Reset the line then the firetiger flickershad crankbait rod goes. Small Brown. Both fish caught outside of north gap in 32 FOW. Both fish caught as it was getting dark. Nice salvage of the trip. Go figure that the last 15 minutes of the trip we get action.

And he still won’t show me the “spell” technique.

D

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

One of my friends walks around the boat and taps every rod and wishes it good luck. If you do that type of stuff often enough, eventually you will get lucky and time it correctly. I’ve had it where I’ve thrown a nickel into the spread and a rod fires within 10 seconds.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.