Keeping your phone charged on the hunt…

• Noah Apples

Anyone having any tips on keeping their phone charged when out for 6 plus hours? I use a BirkSun
    which is great but was also thinking about getting some fold outs provided they are light weight….

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Airplane mode will extend your battery life for many hours. Strong Volt is about the best solar charger on the market. They make a “smart” charger that doesn’t turn off during low light periods like brief cloud cover

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Airplane mode is great for extending battery life, however you can’t make or receive texts or phone calls. I use airplane mode at night.

My nephew has a cigarette adapter that you can hook to the terminals of the battery and use a car charger to keep charging the battery. My bros boats have the cigarette lighters, so I plug my charger into that.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

I opt for airplane mode or just turn it off. Typically, being on the water is my break from reality and unlike most people these days, I still know how to use the power off function for a while. Sure it irritates my Wonderful wife and everyone else that tries to contact me during that time but it just has to be sometimes.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I opt for airplane mode or just turn it off. Typically, being on the water is my break from reality and unlike most people these days, I still know how to use the power off function for a while. Sure it irritates my Wonderful wife and everyone else that tries to contact me during that time but it just has to be sometimes.

The off button is such a wonderful feature. I’m surprised more phones don’t come with one. :>) :>)

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’ll go over 3 days without charging my phone while on extended fishing trips or even just weekends away from home.
    Razr Maxx

TUrn off the internet connection.
    Turn off GPS
    TUrn off WIFI

SCreen brightness to a minimum

SHUT THE DAM THING OFF ALWAYS WORKS. )

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

You know I just might have to get an external battery pack just for convenience.

For example, it would have been nice when we camped on Blackduck. I wouldn’t have to have left the phone in the boat on shore charging. I also wouldn’t have to be tethering it in the boat in a place that is in the way of the captain or in a spot that it might get damaged.

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

You can pick up a cheap external battery pack at radio shack or online at Amazon that will allow you to charge the highest capacity phone multiple times when in the field.

For example Astro E3 10000mAh Dual-Port Ultra Compact External Battery

Lower capacity versions can be had for much less.

These are super nice! Buddy had one and it always came with when we were in the field, fast charging reliable, what more could a guy ask for.

Noah Apples

appreciate all the input. I think one of those larger external batteries should do the trick but I still like the idea of creating my own power.

usafcatm
    Drummond, WI

I use my clam battery pack out of my portable. That comes with a cig plug, and a convenient carry bag….plug in a 400 watt inverter and I can charge my sons iPad as well!

Also helps me keep my batteries maintained.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.