It's that time of the year again

• dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Good times! Didn’t break Any records but almost 30 hit the ice last night.

Attachments:
    1. 2014-11-24-07.34.39.jpg

dfresh
    Participant
    Fridley, MN

Nice. Horseshoe chain?

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Yep,my home away from home during the winter.

You guys can have your half a dozen walleyes, I’ll take 30 of these in a few hours (and it was a semi slow night).

steve-demars
    Participant
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Hey Darren – Nice photo. Looks like you took advantage of the warm spell. What did you have for ice?

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

We had 5-6″ of ice with some standing water on top. I was a little skeptical with the 52 degrees I had at home and most local ice being sketchy, but driving 90 miles north the temp dropped 15 degrees and we had great ice.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Nice. I’ve been waiting for the first report up there.
    May need to make a trip in a week.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Was the fish in the pic the biggest one of the day?

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Not sure, the biggest was probably 22 or something like that.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

It always sounds like a great time, but i think i’d rather catch a 28″+ over 28 <22″ long.

Think i need to spend time on Cannon, where i generally catch much bigger cats; but haven’t spend a lick of time figuring out where they are on ice; rather than heading up there.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

we usually catch one or 2 over 25 each trip out, but seriously when you are literally catching 100 of these things in a few hours its a blast and no doubt beats any crappie or sunfish fishing you can find.

Its the old quality over quantity argument and I agree I love to catch big fish too, but when compared to most other ice fishing this wins. )

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Waiting in the airport for my daughter to fly in, that would be awesome fishing for her.
    Don’t think I can make it happen this weekend; but I should make it happen around new years.

I hear ya on #’s fishing… Days when I ice 100 gills in 3 hours are pretty fun, I imaging cats are just as much. But I also walk away from those huge #’s areas and even lakes if the size is small overall. But not after enjoying it while your there!

Someone should really do a kids ice fishing event out there for cats to get kids into it.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Yeah, daughter made it pretty clear it’s going to be family time and not fishing this week.

Maybe new years

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.