Insulating a non insulated portable

• Tonka
    Participant
    Minnesota

Hey IDO,

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out. I am trying to figure out if any of you have put the Norpac R2 insulation that canvas craft uses in your regular non insulated portable, and how you did it. The old man bought a clam yukon 4 or 5 years ago, and for the most part it’s still like new, the only problem is it’s pretty cold without the insulation when it’s below zero and blowing. My buddy and I fish the weekends like most of you so weather isn’t something we worry about, we just fish when we can. Anyways, I’ve heard of guys putting in the reflective insulation with velcro, but I doubt that would work for this stuff. My thoughts are stitching it on the roof and the back, to add some extra warmth. I believe it comes in 3×5 ft sheets. If any of you guys out their have engineered something similar to this, I’d love your feedback as to what you did and how it worked. Oh, and I forgot to say that I’ve heard of guys zip tying it to their poles, but I’m assuming you would have to put grommmets on the edges and in the corners. Thanks ahead of time for any of your guys’ input!

Tonka
    Participant
    Minnesota

Thanks for the reply icenutz, I appreciate the help. I think I’m going to try and sew loops with velcro to the norpac r2 and attach those to my poles. I really only plan on doing the roof and back side to start, I’ll try and post some pics after I’m done. Thanks again!

broman
    Participant

Here’s what I did with some moving blankets last year.

Attachments:
    1. image57.jpg

2. image56.jpg

Sam Slaby
    Participant
    Sioux Falls

That’s a great idea! I wonder if there is anyway I could do that with my Eskimo Quickfish? Hmmmm…

Tonka
    Participant
    Minnesota

thanks everyone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.