If you need to laugh…

• Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

I was doing some fall yard cleanup yesterday. I was going to clean out some old nests from birdhouses, and as I passed by one, I saw an eye peering out at me. Upon closer inspection, I figured out it was a mouse. I knew that my three year old would think it was cool, so I decided to take care of it later when he was out with me.

I went to grab a 5-gallon bucket, a screwdriver, and the family (which is amazing because my wife HATES mice). I got the bottom off and dumped the contents into the bucket. Well, there wasn’t one mouse, or two, or even three. There were a lot of damn mice in there. One managed to leap before getting into the bucket. After several attempts at grabbing it, it lunged towards me, and right up my pant leg it went!!!

So, there I was, dancing around with a mouse up my pant leg while my son laughed and my wife laughed/screamed. The damn thing made it right up to the seat of my pants, where I was able to grab it through the jeans and carefully extract myself from my pants. I finally got the mouse into the bucket with it’s family–all in all, there were 9 mice in that birdhouse!

It made for an interesting Sunday morning. I hope I didn’t scar any neighbors.

Sharon
    Participant
    Dakota County, MN

That is fantastic! Definitely a great smile to start Monday. Thanks for sharing! mrgreen

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

Haha Funny…Glad only a few people (Two CO’s and Two other people) saw me strip on the dock and jump in after my boat Friday on the Croix LOL

chamberschamps
    Participant
    Mazomanie, WI

Good thing it didn’t go Richard Gere on you.

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Good thing it didn’t go Richard Gere on you.

I’d be lying if I said that wasn’t running through my head! No doctor would ever believe that story!!! )

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Armageddon… ARMAGEDDON!!

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

“Those aren’t two pillows!”

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Enough to strike fear in any man.

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Enough to strike fear in any man.

I would not use the term “fear”, but there is something a bit unsettling having a mouse scamper around in your pants! )

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Primal fear. Same thing I felt when a park squirrel ran up my leg on the outside of my pants!!!!!!!!!!!! Be honest. If you had a sidearm in your hand your leg would have been in grave danger! LOL

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Be honest. If you had a sidearm in your hand your leg would have been in grave danger!

)

mxskeeter
    Participant
    SW Wisconsin

Primal fear. Same thing I felt when a park squirrel ran up my leg on the outside of my pants!!!!!!!!!!!! Be honest. If you had a sidearm in your hand your leg would have been in grave danger! LOL

Well we know what that squirrel was looking for!

Chuck Melcher
    Participant
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Fear… a mouse runs up my pant leg, my reaction is going to be less than manly as I freak out to get it out…. and right now! There’s nothing good sounding about that.

I would also hope my wife wasn’t there to see it, and remind me about it for the rest of my life! I can see the story grow over the years.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Hehe

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

Did the mice have white bellies and big eyes? I bet they were White Footed Deer mice. In my dealings with them, where there is one, there is about a dozen and they hang out together in high places.

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Did the mice have white bellies and big eyes? I bet they were White Footed Deer mice.

A quick Google search confirms your suspicions.

mossydan
    Participant
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

LOL Ralph!, Can you imagine what would have happened if they would have decided to play follow the leader.

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Be honest. If you had a sidearm in your hand your leg would have been in grave danger!

More concerning would be if my wife had the sidearm!

reverend
    Participant
    Rhinelander, WI

Thanks for the laugh Ralph! That sounded so much like something I would have done that I had to show it to my wife. My kids still remind me about the time I tried to swat a mouse in our house at the same time the cat tried to pounce it-I got two in one swipe! -)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.