OPE/ Tecumseh Auger (Magnum 49cc III Plus )?????

Participant
    Brainerd,MN

I broke the the metal strap that holds gas resivor on. Anyone know where a guy could purchase a new or used one?

Profile photo of jason_ajason_a
    Participant
    Zimmerman, MN

strike master or you can wire it on, i replaced mine twice and decided to try wrapping wire around the two pegs. worked well and lasted vs the cheap metal strap

Profile photo of cowboyStan Jenson
    Participant
    sw wisconsin

go to strikemasters web site go into power auger parts.they have one for 8.95.

Profile photo of James HolstJames Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

go to strikemasters web site go into power auger parts.they have one for 8.95.

Here’s the direct link to the parts page. http://www.strikemaster.com/store/powerauger.html

I need to order up one of those rubber bungees that hold the blade cover in place. I don’t know how I always manage to cut them with the auger… but inevitably I do.

Profile photo of onestoutonestout
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

I need to order up one of those rubber bungees that hold the blade cover in place. I don’t know how I always manage to cut them with the auger… but inevitably I do.

James, are you the reason Strikemaster sells them in a 2 pack?

Profile photo of James HolstJames Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

James, are you the reason Strikemaster sells them in a 2 pack?

Quite possibly. I need to get one of these and ditch the standard cover >>> http://www.strikemaster.com/store/icefish_accessories/snap_cap.html

Anyone tried one with a review to share?

Profile photo of woody_036woody_036
    Participant
    Spooner, Wi

Quote:

Anyone tried one with a review to share?

I purchased one two years ago and I wont go back to the old style. I strap my auger to the front atv rack and i never had this blade cover fall off in travel. I would break or loose the old blade cover rubber strap, not anymore, the red snap cover is all one unit. I would recommend this blade cover to anyone.

Participant
    Hudson WI

I replaced the rubber strap on my head cover with a bungee cord. Just get a short one and tie a couple knots in it until it’s the right lenght.

Profile photo of matt-pmatt-p
    Participant
    White Bear Lake, MN

james thorne has those for like 4 dollars a 2 pack. I had to get a new one this year for my auger. I broke my strap by putting it back on to much.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.