Fishing Lake of the Woods in March

• CHERBS
    Wi

Can anyone give me a hand finding a good place to fish the first weekend in March. Last year we stayed at Arneson”s and caught alot of fish, but this year they have no openings. We would really like to stay in the sleeper houses, and have a group to fill at least 4. As of now it looks like there are some houses available a little further East. But hows is the fishing there this time of year? Thanks for any help I could get.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Fishing to the east; Pine Island area?

If so this can be terrific. The fish make the run from the lake up the river to spawn. Before making the run, the fish will stage in the “Gap” areas and out front of the island.

Not sure if that’s what you are looking for.

CHERBS
    Wi

The places that I called were Zipple bay, Border view, and Wheeler.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’ve had some really good luck fishing out of Walleye Retreat. You can check out their website at http://www.walleyeretreat.com They usually set their houses near Pine Island but move them anywhere they need to to get customers on good fishing.

CHERBS
    Wi

Thanks I’ll give them both a call.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

BC, don’t forget to ask about the Ido discount!

col._klink
    St Paul

Quote:

I’ve had some really good luck fishing out of Walleye Retreat. You can check out their website at http://www.walleyeretreat.com They usually set their houses near Pine Island but move them anywhere they need to to get customers on good fishing.

Not oly that but they are by far the cheapest up there that I have found! Plus Pete is a super nice guy who WANTS you to catch fish! I will not stay any place else on my dime!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I will not stay any place else on my dime!

When will the Bikini Ice Team be there?

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Many of our clients in March stay in our sleepers on Upper Red fishing the night bite crappies and other species then head up to LOW during the day. It works out nicely as they utilize the best bite at both places.

CHERBS
    Wi

Thanks guys for all your help. We changed our weekend and ended up booking with Arnesens again. We are always looking for new Idea’s so your tips will help. Johnny hows your summer bite? I have 3 small boys age 8,7, and 5. I own a boat where do you recommend staying in the summer? I know the area ok my grandparents use to live in Longville.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.