best jigging rod for ice fishing walleyes???

• jasono00
    cities

just woundering what people think the best jigging rods for ice fishing walleyes are and length and action weight?

travp
    Blaine , Mn

I’m gonna have to say a 32″ Thorne Brothers Perch Sweetheart with recoil guides.

kruger
    Metro,mn

I would love one of those thorne rods…but im on a budget and the m or mh st. croix premiers are a great buy! All my walleye ice rods are premiers. Hope this helps

wheels2
    Ham Lake,MN

ooops perch sweethart with a bullet.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

I’ve found a new favorite custom rod. It’s a tuned up customs precision series medium light with recoil guides for about 20$ less than a comparable Thorne bros rod. I’ve got them in 36″34″&33″ all of them have met and exceeded my expectations. The St. Croix premiers are great sticks but once you start using a custom you’ll never look back

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

I’m gonna have to say a 32″ Thorne Brothers Perch Sweetheart with recoil guides.

^^^ THIS ^^^

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Quote:

I have a 28 and 30, and love them! Even though I don’t have recoil guides.

sandmannd

Quote:

That would be my pick.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

If you’re going the 32″ route, for me, the walleye sweetheart in a medium action with recoil guides would get a slight edge over the perch sweetheart. Both are about as good as it gets, with the walleye sweetheart giving you the ability to fish some larger baits a bit better. Personal preference at this point!

Joel

Icefreak55

I started using Proline’s Ice Pro rods last year … I love them … Graphite over fiberglass construction … great feel and durability… And a great price.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

Look at the new Fenwick 27″ med ice rod very nice rod.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

My dad and I each picked up some Frabill Straight Line 27″ combos this year and man do we love em. I dont know why they say for panfish? They have a great backbone! People must like them as they are sold out.

jasono00
    cities

I looked at alot of rods mentioned. Thanks everyone, i ended up choosing the fenwick 27 inch med action rod. I picked up at cabelas. Seems to have nice back bone, and waiting to use it tommorow on mille lacs.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.