Heated Box Tip Ups

• fishalot
    Participant

Has anyone tried the new Heated Bite Me Box Tip Ups? Looks like a good concept. Videos on their site look like they are pretty effective tipups.

deertracker
    Participant

I haven’t seen those yet, but here is one I made. I just put a candle in it and the hole stays open in even the coldest weather.
    DT

dan stien
    Participant
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

If you don’t mind me asking deertracker, how did you go about making the shaft longer?

kruger
    Participant
    Metro,mn

Guys on Mille Lacs have been using these for a while, Im sure one of those gurus could help out.

arklite881south
    Participant

We used to make them back in high school. Work fine. Need a Uhaul to get gear out on the ice.

deertracker
    Participant

I didn’t. I leave it out of the water so the spool can stay warm and not ice up.
    DT

Hunting4Walleyes
    Participant
    MN

DT, I would also like to know more about the building process if you don’t mind.

It looks like I have one of the most important parts too.

deertracker
    Participant

The original ones my dad and a few of his friends made 30 years ago had the spool out of the box on top. This would ice up. Not an issue with it inside although I still use the others also.
    DT

dan stien
    Participant
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

Thank you for the info, I will haveto try this when I am out on those really cold days when everything freeze instantly Bring on the ice!

fishalot
    Participant

Here is a pic of the Bite Me Box Tipups. I like the fact that the flag does not have the spring tension that adds resistance to the bite. Sensitivity is a big deal for walleye and panfish.

FishPlunger
    Participant

I use the Bite Me Box Tip Up and love it. I use to use the underwater tip ups and got sick of tangled lines, wind trips, and frozen holes. I dont have those problems now and wind up at the end of the day is a breeze! I bought mine online. The cool part was it came completly assembled and ready to fish.
    Now when we get a bite we yell BITE ME! It sounds better than flag. Try them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.