I-phone weather and lake map apps

• kfrj01
    Participant
    woodbury,mn

Looking for some ideas as to the preferred APPS for weather/radar and lake maps for minnesota and wisconsin . I’m new to this I-phone world and trying to set things up. Any other APPS that people find useful in the fishing seen would nice. Thanks in advance

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Now that the iPhone has been surpassed by Android platforms in terms of overall sales and users, it’s no longer a given that every app will come out in an iOS version. Here are a few Android apps that I use, hopefully there will be a iOS version or one will eventually come out.

Navionics – Works great and very cheap for what you get. You can get the US and Canada maps, USA only is like $10. Really a good app for what you get and you can (and should) download maps to memory so you don’t need have data signal to use the app.

Intellicast – Probably the most versitle app I’ve found for weather. Good maps, and easy setup so you can have miltiple “areas” pre set to quickly access the weather in different places. Lots of featrues beyond just simple radar, which almost everyone offers.

Grouse

Mocha
    Participant
    Park Rapids

I have an iPhone5 and use Navonics and WeatherBug. But there a quite a few weather apps. They both work great.

FryDog62
    Participant

I too am wanting to get an app for weather – which app has the best streaming radar map to watch approaching storms/fronts, etc?

KirtH
    Participant
    Lakeville

Navionics is a great choice and there are a number of in app upgrades to customize it. You can also get the Vexilar SonarPhone and use you phone for a sonar and lake map

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.