Hey fellow shore fisherman….

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

How do carry your plastics?

Simple ?, but throw in the need to be very mobile, jumping from spot to spot along a couple hundred yards of potential fish holding spots I don’t like to set anything down. Maybe 3-4 compartments to separate minnow imitators, twisty, paddle, etc.

I’ve got a few “fishing” bags and have always gone back to my ol high school backpack. Its perfect to keep everything organized, awesome carrying, but the plastics always get thrown in the 2nd big pocket and searching through 20+ bags in the bottom at night is not efficient at all. Any ideas?

Was thinking something to throw in the big pocket like an organizer or even sewing in a few lil pockets within it might work, but I don’t sew.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Pockets are your friend.
    Get Cargo pants or shorts and make use of the pockets.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

That is actually a really good idea. Haven’t owned a pair of cargo pants in a while. Plenty of shorts, but forgot the pants. That reminded me too of my fly vest which has a couple other big pockets now we are up to 4 organizers. Keep em coming, thanks!

Glad I didn’t post this right away. Got me thinking I have some new waders that need breaking in, so the cargo won’t cut it there, although fall gets eye action where I usually don’t need the waders, but come mid winter everything gets changed to flukes, tubes etc for the smallies in the Monticello area.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The ultimate plastics carrier of course is the pouch on your hoodie. Stuff it full!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I was going to suggest the back pack, as that is what I always used. Just need to buy something that can organize them and throw it in the back pack.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Love shore fishing…… Before work this AM.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20140920_070106_072-1.jpg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Wait a minute. How big is that? You didn’t catch it in the skinny water behind you, did you? I assume you were fishing the mouth?

In any event, nice fish!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

What I call skinny water fishing. Yeah it connects to the Miss. My PB pike here in the states, 39″, thickest fish I’ve held. Love it when they get to shore and your like yup, won’t grabbing that thing by the back of the head.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Nice!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.