Fishing hot spots

• boos1906
    Participant

Hey guys I’m looking for reviews on fishing hot spots digital maps. How do they compare to navionics. Thanks for the help guys

poomunk
    Participant
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I’m assuming its for a lowrance unit, if its compatible with the new lowrance chips I’d take a look at them. Detail level I thought was very comparable to lakemaster (way better than Navionics) and they also have all the little ‘info’ notes that fishing hotspots has.

KirtH
    Participant
    Lakeville

Boos follow this link to the Navionics website this is a map previewer you can zoom in your lakes and check out the cartography, just an FYI their is a sonar ICON in the lower left corner click on that to turn HD view.
    Web App
    Navionics has allot more HD Lakes and what sonar are you running? Navionics offers free updates for a year so next year you dont have to buy a new chip.

boos1906
    Participant

I’m running a hds gen2. I won’t buy lowrance mapping because they don’t have any coverage of Nebraska and Kansas. I mostly fish sd, ne, and ks. The little notes is one of the reasons I was looking at hot spots. But navionics definitely covers way more lakes in Nebraska and Kansas. However nobody covers my home body of water. Thanks for the help guys

poomunk
    Participant
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Ahh, that does play a factor.

KirtH
    Participant
    Lakeville

Boos what lake is that? If you have a friend with a Humminbird you could map it yourself upload it to Navionics they will turn that data into a lake map you then download it a chip thru Freshest Data program and its free after you buy the chip, even if you have Lowrance you can still read the data, you just cant log with a Lowrance yet

boos1906
    Participant

Thanks for the replies guys. Its a small lake called johnson lake in south central Nebraska. All my buddies are lowrance guys. I’m looking into navionics+. Anybody have any opinions on it? Thanks for the help guys

KirtH
    Participant
    Lakeville

It all depends what you are looking for? Here is the comparison chart. I would say either Nav + or Hotmaps Platinum. Nav + is nice that you can select various areas. So example Nebraska is one area, maybe Lake Of the Woods and Canada and Green Bay, the one one thing Nav + does give you is Great Lakes off shore Data. If you have any questions on Navionics shoot me call 612 366 7076

Do you have any Navionics chips now?

boos1906
    Participant

Kirk thanks for the reply. I’m not running a chip right now. I just bought the hds this year and haven’t gotten around to buying a chip

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.