navionics vs lakemaster

• boos1906
    Participant

Hey guys I am going to be buying a lowrance elite 5 this winter. I am looking for recomendations on which chip to use. What are the differences in these two chips?? In the lakemaster I would be buying the great plains chip and the south version in the navionics. Thanks for the help guys

Steve Hix
    Participant
    Dysart, Iowa

To start with I would not buy a lowrance.

85lund
    Participant
    Menomonie, WI

I like the lake master chips better. They have far more detail on most lakes and seem to be more accurate from the lakes I have used them on.

gizmoguy
    Participant
    Crystal,MN

Better hurry to get a Lakemaster chip for Lowrance. Johnson outdoors (Humminbird) just purchased Lakemaster and the lowrance chips are no longer listed on the website.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Steve ????

Why O Why do you have to be like that ???

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I agree with the LM Chip… they are a lot better detailed then the Navionics…. Get them quick as Johnson just bought them out as stated above…

Nav Chips are not all that bad…it’s not like your fishing in another country while reading the map software… It’s just LM has more contour lines on most bodies of water then Nav does…

I have the Nav Premium North Chip and I am real happy with it… I also bought a LM Rainy Lake Chip and am VERY pleased with it…

Joe Scegura
    Participant
    Alexandria MN

Quote:

Now that’s a helpful post. Do you want to tell him which truck to buy too… Chev …Ford?

I fish mostly MN, so all I know is LakeMaster is more detailed than Navionics around here.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Now that’s a helpful post. Do you want to tell him which truck to buy too… Chev …Ford?

Joe,

You got to forgive Steve… He has…… Well……

Lets just say … To know him is to love him

jd318
    Participant
    NE Nebraska

boos,
    Check the lake list for each one to see if the lakes you will be fishing are included. I have been watching those lists for a couple of years now. Nebraska is starting to get a larger list, but nowhere near the coverage of MN, WI, etc. I am hoping next year’s mapcards will include some of the glaring omissions in NE.

wade
    Participant
    Cottage Grove, MN

I have both Lakemaster and Navionics, it does vary some by lake or body of water, but in Minnesota and the waters I have fished, Lakemaster, hands down.

mule170
    Participant
    Bemidji

Quote:

Better hurry to get a Lakemaster chip for Lowrance. Johnson outdoors (Humminbird) just purchased Lakemaster and the lowrance chips are no longer listed on the website.

Seems to me that it would be a poor buisness move to not sell chips for Lowrance. I have a hard time beleiveing they would do that in this economy!

mule170
    Participant
    Bemidji

Got this straight from the Lake master website.

LakeMaster Lake Maps has been acquired by Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics, Inc. Because of the transition to new ownership, LakeMaster Lake Maps online sales of Lowrance® and Garmin® Digital GPS maps has been suspended. These products will remain readily available through LakeMaster Lake Map retail outlets.

Looks like they will still be available!

Joe Scegura
    Participant
    Alexandria MN

Quote:

Quote:

Joe,

You got to forgive Steve… He has…… Well……

Lets just say … To know him is to love him

Ok ecnook, I’ll give Mr. Negative a free pass

boos1906
    Participant

Hey guys thanks for all the replies. I have decided to go with navionics because they have the best coverage of kansas lakes and I think were going to start doing some traveling next year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.