Girl lake to Woman lake

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Staying with the family on Girl lake in Cass county first week of August, does this connect to Woman? It looks like it should from maps but all show emergent vegetation in the channels and curious to if they keep them open. Any info much appreciated.

super_do
    Participant
    St Michael, MN

Yes you can navigate to Woman Lake from Girl Lake. Look it up on Googlemaps.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Google maps show ice being on Woman still, so doesn’t give the proper time frame of August weed growth in which thick weeds might block the entire channels. But hey if you know they keep them open thanks!

FryDog62
    Participant

Hopefully its more navigable than the access channel between Baby Lake and Man Lake. Here’s a picture of how to squeeze a 16 foot boat and 60 HP through a tight spot!

Attachments:
    1. Man-Lake-access.jpg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hopefully its more navigable than the access channel between Baby Lake and Man Lake. Here’s a picture of how to squeeze a 16 foot boat and 60 HP through a tight spot!

About the only thing left to do there if you still can’t make it is to open up the bilge and partially flood the boat to lower the boat in the water to get it under the bridge! Not that I would recommend such behavior! That one was TIGHT!

FryDog62
    Participant

We actually had to remove the motor cover and push down on the transom to get under the last section of the bridge. We decided not to even think about what we would do if we got stuck …

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We actually had to remove the motor cover and push down on the transom to get under the last section of the bridge. We decided not to even think about what we would do if we got stuck …

I hope the fishing justified the effort. When a guy goes to those lengths he should at least be rewarded with a bunch of fish.

FryDog62
    Participant

Um, well… we were targeting smallmouth and my friend the “Warf-Dog” got a 35 incher – of a different species ;) Made the day a little more fun for sure..

Nhamm, let us know how you do on WOman/Girl. With my friend’s cabin up there, I think I’ll be spending more time up that way. -Fry

Attachments:
    1. Warf-Dogs-35-inch-muskie-.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I’ll make sure to let ya know Fry. I would assume it stays open all year, but being part of a small business and more so being married once a guy starts assuming that’s when $hit hits the fan.

CBMN
    Participant
    North Metro

I would pay the $5 or $10 to put in at Wildwood Beach or try the public landing on McKeown Lake and floating back to Mann as that culvert is about twice the size. Still not going to fit a council boat but should fit that boat much better. I think you can make it all the way to woman in a canoe, if you go over 1 dam.

youngfry
    Participant
    Northeast Iowa

We used to have to do that with my dad’s boat… then he upgraded and that was the end of that. We just take the resort boats through from sunset bay… I barely had to shut the motor off last year to get through.

I wonder how many times I’ve gone under that bridge….. whew… too many to count

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.