Gas Auger 1st time Start Up — Lazer Mag

• lrott2003
    Participant
    Wisconsin

I have a new auger for first time strikemaster lazer mag and want to know if there are any special steps to starting first time out of the box.

Thanks in advance

Terry Heese
    Participant

Dig that manual out of the trash, it will tell you exactly what to do. )

hamms
    Participant
    Mn

Mix up gas I would break in with strikemaster oil not synthetic allows rings to seat better run a couple tanks of that then switch to amsoil sabre. choke it pull cord! Have fun will change how you fish for sure.

lrott2003
    Participant
    Wisconsin

Thanks hamms. I just wanted to make sure that I have things understood.

I hope it does change me for sure.

Lawrence Luoma
    Participant

Plus one on Hamms comment. Break in with one gallon of gas with Strikemaster Oil and then switch to Amsoil Sabre

gonehunting
    Participant

As they said go by the directions in the book. It will start great every time but must go in sequence listed in directions. Use non-oxygenated fuel. I store with fuel in it and start it about once a month during the summer time. Obviously use some fuel stabilizer also. Great augers.

gonehunting
    Participant

As they said go by the directions in the book. It will start great every time but must go in sequence listed in directions. Use non-oxygenated fuel. I store with fuel in it and start it about once a month during the summer time. Obviously use some fuel stabilizer also. Great augers.

icenutz
    Participant
    Aniwa, WI

I agree with Hamms, run Dino oil the first tank or two and then switch to Amsoil Saber synthetic. I run mine at roughly 60:1, they say you can run 100:1 but I do not care to go that lean.

Press the red primer bulb until you see gas move through the clear gas line and into the carb. Turn the kill switch to Run, move the choke lever to start and press the blue pressure relief button in. Pull once or twice until the motor fires. As soon as it fires move the choke to the run position and pull again.

The solo motor is easy to flood so that is why I move the choke to run as soon as it fires.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Pull once or twice until the motor fires. As soon as it fires move the choke to the run position and pull again.

The solo motor is easy to flood so that is why I move the choke to run as soon as it fires.

This is key. As soon as the motor pops, move the choke lever to run. Once you get the procedure down the Solo motors are very easy to start but if you try and buck the instructions in the manual you can make the starting procedure a lot harder than it needs to be. I know that as men we like to ignore the manual but in this case the instructions are spot on the money and if you adhere to them you’ll enjoy the heck out of that auger.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.