When is Lake of The Woods ICE fishing the BEST???

• catman600
    Participant
    Southern MN

Looking at heading up the Lake of the Woods this winter so what month and time frame would be ideal? Anyone have a good place in mind as to who to book a trip thru. THANKS

timschmitz
    Participant
    Waconia MN

The end of March or first part of April lots of fish plus some really big fish making they’re way to the rainy. I like Adrains or Zipple Bay these 2 places win hands down in customer service of all the LOTW resorts.

mark-bruzek
    Participant
    Two Harbors, MN

Either Early as possible or late as possible are the BEST. All time are good though. My personal favorite is late. Getting out as far as possible because the snow is gone and the weather is getting warm.

As Tim mentioned Zippel is great, IMHO as good as it gets on LOw for accomidations and hospitality from Nick and Deanna. -Mark

go-fish
    Participant
    Mn.se metro

We did early ice,one year,& I ended up with 2 10 pound replicas,honestly its fishing,you never know.

Thats why I try to go as often as I can.

(if your group is is flexible keep an eye on the reports,then head up when it’s game on)

koldfront kraig
    Participant
    Coon Rapids mn

We go in January and March.

Fishing is good in both months but March is usually warmer and the days are longer.

Denny O
    Participant
    Central IOWA

At sundown when I was there was a shut off bite as was the mid day. Early and late was best in January.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.