semi load of wood

• superiorfishing
    Participant
    Hastings,MN

anyone know who or how a guy can get a hold of these trucking companies that haul laods of firewood—like to see what 10 cords runs for a laod–I just dont know who does it–I see trucks now and then–but never see name–thanks

arklite881south
    Participant

Probably not much help, but just for comparison purposes we purchased 24 cords of wood this fall here in International Falls. Our best friends dad is a logger. The semi-trucks with cherry pickers can haul approximatley 12 loggers cords of wood. (4x4x8ft)= Loggers cord. We had one semi truck of Birch, and one of Ash here on the border. Each loads cost around $1000.00. My guess would be the costs down there are likely quite a bit higher, and also tougher to come by. If you do find someone who delivers semi-loads send me a PM. I have a friend in Southern Minnesota who also heats with wood. Good luck!!

bigpike
    Participant

I have some numbers out of Eau Claire I can give you, last price I saw was $80 a cord. PM if you think this will work and I’ll send them over. I would need to pick up a regional paper to get the numbers….

bzzsaw
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi

Try calling the tree cutting services in your area. If they don’t sell wood by the semi load, they will be able to point you to someone that does.

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

I have some numbers out of Eau Claire I can give you, last price I saw was $80 a cord. PM if you think this will work and I’ll send them over. I would need to pick up a regional paper to get the numbers….

Not to hijack this thread but,

$80 a cord I called about some wood the other day and the guy told me $250 a cord delivered and stacked. He said he could knock off $25 if I came and picked it up myself. $200 to $250 seems to be the average rate around this part of Nebraska. It’s deffinately worth it to me to find, cut, and haul my own wood. It’s good exersize I guess.

Bring a couple semi loads to Nebraska and you could have a load of your own paid for.

Woodcutter
    Participant

We sell firewood by the semi load. Our end dump trailer can haul 11.5 cords (4′ x 4’x 8′ is a full cord) of cut hardwood.
    The price is $95 a cord plus freight. If you get in touch with me I can price it for you. A word of warning, however, this is the time that everybody decides they need to stock up for the upcoming cold. (even though it comes about the same time each year) and I am several loads behind. You may be looking at a 3-4 week delay.
    Edie
    563-547-4235

corey_waller
    Participant
    hastings mn

AAHHH the power of IDO gotta love it

lhprop1
    Participant
    Eagan

After seeing the title of this thread, I was pleased to find out it wasn’t another Favre thread.

walleye1274
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

After seeing the title of this thread, I was pleased to find out it wasn’t another Favre thread.

mbenson
    Participant
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

I think we just paid $1100 for our 11 loggers cord (8’wx4’hx8’long). I know that the size of the L cord has been mentioned, but so everyone is comparing apples to apples… That means if you can buy it that way you are paying $45-$50 per full cord.

I think bigpike’s price is for a face cord cut/split. That is approx. 1/3 of a full cord (4’wx4’hx8’long=full; 18″wx4’hx8’long=face cord). A pickup truck load is comparable to face cord…

So, other than having to wait for woodcutter to get to you, IMHO it is the best way to get your wood!!! 22 full cords of wood outta keep a guy in wood for a while. It will also dry properly for the best burning in the new high efficiency wood stoves. If you are burning an outside wood burner, hack it in half and throw her in!!!

Mark

whiskeysour
    Participant
    4 miles from Pool 9

Be careful on where you are hauling wood to. Many counties in Wisconsin have a ban on bringing wood into the county due to emerald ash borer. I’d hate to see somebody get a big fine because they didn’t know about the ban. Try to buy your wood local. Stop the spread of E A B.

outdoors4life
    Participant
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Be careful on where you are hauling wood to. Many counties in Wisconsin have a ban on bringing wood into the county due to emerald ash borer. I’d hate to see somebody get a big fine because they didn’t know about the ban. Try to buy your wood local. Stop the spread of E A B.

I was going to say this also

Hauling wood from WI to MN is not legal last I checked. I checked on it because I had a bunch of free firewood I had to turn down in WI.

carroll58
    Participant
    Twin Cities, USA

Minnesota also has Ban’s on movement of Wood in a number of Counties.

Best bet calling the DNR and your sheriff’s office before moving any.

“Firewood Can Spread Pests
    • It is against the law (M.S. 89.551 Sec. 2 Subd.3b) to bring unapproved firewood into any state park, state forest or day-use area.

• Find a DNR approved firewood vendor near your destination, Be sure to keep your receipt to show proof of purchase.

• Firewood can harbor many different kinds of invasive pests that are harmful to Minnesota trees. Firewood restrictions are needed to help prevent the introduction or spread of damaging forest pests including emerald ash borer, gypsy moth, and oak wilt.

• Trees: Good; Bugs: Bad presentation about firewood restrictions and Emerald Ash Borer. (you will need a Adobe Flash Player to view presentation)”

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/firewood/index.html

Good Luck

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.