Bobcat ATV/UTV? NICE!

• armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

I clicked a link in the Google ads here on IDO this morning because I was intrigued by the label… and I wasn’t disappointed.

Apparently Bobcat’s joined the ATV/UTV market with their own 4×4 covered UTV like the John Deere Gator or the Kawi Teryx.

They look sharp and they have some killer mods, at least if you want one of these to get work done with AND have fun with… check it out:

Bobcat UTV

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

For a UTV they are a solid machine.

armchairdeity

I’m hoping to see a UTV or ATV in my relatively near future, so I’m kind of looking around. I think I’d trust one of these to be solid and business-like and inclined to work AND play more than something like the Teryx or the Rhino (other than the Gator maybe)…

So much research so little time… heh

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

We have a few 2 wheel drive gators for moving materials around job sites. They are beyond tough. I dont think they have the attachments that you can get for the Bobcat brand UTVs. Ive even seen some with a skid steer bucket on them. Might be good for a farm for feed or something but doubtfull that you could grade,dig or lift with it. With a cab kit it would be great for snow plowing small areas. I dont think the work style UTVs have a fast enough top speed for play. I know the Gators we have maybe do 20mph.

armchairdeity

According to the Bobcat website, the diesel version of their big model has a top speed of 30 MPH, and the bucket can be used to grade. Apparently it also has an optional pallet fork. Farm/shop/construction would be fab… as for the top speed for play, how fast do you need to go?

That said, I rode a couple 4 wheelers earlier this year that would push 60 on the road… which IS admittedly a huge blast.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Depending on your desired use for the machine,I would want a 4×4 machine… rain,snow,ice,mud,hills and trails all much easier with a 4×4 machine

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

Wow, if that isn’t a copy of the Polaris Ranger. They altered the front end look a little but otherwise not a whole lot different look. My Ranger Heavy Duty has more horsepower, will do 50mph. I have the self leveling shocks in the back for heavy loads. Just load it up and it may squat at first but as soon as you start driving the shocks will level the load. Theirs you have to use a wrench. Also can use the bucket, forklift, and a couple other attachements with the Boss lift system in the front. Sure looks like a Polaris.

benihana
    Central MN

The new bobcats look like the rangers because bobcat and polaris formed an alliance last year and polaris is producing or in the process of getting into production, the different vehicles for bobcat to be sold by bobcat dealers.
    Bobcat and Polaris

armchairdeity

I was wondering if that was the case as I was reading the post about the Polaris.

I wonder what the deal is with the limited HP and speed tho? Trying to appeal to a more commercial (read OSHA-driven) clientelle?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.