G loomis bought by Shimano??

• dugout
    Dubuque Ia

I was in a local bait shop last weekend and bought the last G-Loomis rod they had. Started talking with the owner and she said they will not stock G-Loomis anymore because they dont take care of her…… Well anyhow she goes to say she received a letter from them regarding the 2010 pricing and it has Shimano on the paper. I seen the paper. Came in an envelope with Shimano name on it and the letter had Shimano letter head.

Is this something new? Anybody know anything about this? Do you think this will effect anything like cost, availability, customer service, warranty?

Tx

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

James is correcto on that one. The purchase was a while ago and they still have their lifetime warranty. Also, Shimano purchased Power Pro fishing line as well. I think that BK made a post on this a while ago. But yep. You’ll notice when you call customer service, they’ll say, “Thank you for calling Shimano/G. Loomis/Power Pro…” As far as the warranty and everything, I wouldn’t sweat it.

Also, dugout, was that bait shop in Guttenberg? Just wondering because my aunt Beth owns it and she can and will still order them for you if you let her know. Hope that helps!

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

To take it a step further, I heard from the guys at Thorne that Loomis is getting out of the blank business. Long story short, if you buy a custom with Loomis blank, if it breaks, they will send you a factory rod as a replacement.

I have many Loomis, love all of them, but it might be time to start looking at what St. Croix is doing.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

It’s true that Loomis has gotten out of the blank market. There are a few out there to be had, but as was mentioned, the warranty is for a finished rod. Not totally bad, but not perfect either.

St. Croix is still a viable substitute. I have found Phenix rods/blanks to be an even better option. They are less expensive, and the data on the Phenix blanks show them to be lighter, more powerful, and faster action blanks. I fished with six of them last year and love them.

haney
    Hawkeye, Iowa

I am interested in these Phenix rods. Can you send me a website or some info abou these rods? Are they only available in blanks or a finished rod? Any info would be much appreciated. I have had some bad experiences with the customer service for GLOOMIS/SHIMANO/POWERPRO and really need to start thinking about other options. LOVE my GLOOMIS rods, but sometimes ya just have to check out other options.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Quote:

I am interested in these Phenix rods. Can you send me a website or some info abou these rods? Are they only available in blanks or a finished rod? Any info would be much appreciated. I have had some bad experiences with the customer service for GLOOMIS/SHIMANO/POWERPRO and really need to start thinking about other options. LOVE my GLOOMIS rods, but sometimes ya just have to check out other options.

Come on now Josh, I don’t want to hear you whining because you have to sit on hold for 20 minutes. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and you can’t rush perfection:)

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

I am interested in these Phenix rods. Can you send me a website or some info abou these rods?

Your questions can be answered here: Phenix Rods

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Steve, It was Murrays bait shop. She was saying she was done with them. I can obviously still order from the internet anytime or run to cabelas etc…. That bait shop is very nice and the owner is also very nice. She gave me a great deal on the rod with a little negotiating!

Thx Guys

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.