$10.00 spud bar!!

• ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

I was looking at this exact same bar at Fleet Farm this winter for $37.00. I found this one on Ebay for $10.00 with $10.77 shipping to my door in 2 days. Wanted to post this for anyone who doesn’t have one.
    Eskimo spud bar

Ed

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Sweet deal, just ordered 2.

Thanks

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Ederd,
    Thanks much for posting. My cabin is in Cumberland and I go there most weekends. I’m gonna stop there this weekend. Anyone interested in having me pick them up one and meeting me in Hudson or Eagan where I work, shoot me a PM. I like the idea of saving 10 bucks in shipping on a 10 dollar item.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

let’s stir the pot. People with spud bars banging on the ice next to my shack are annoying.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Then move your shack… or buy the lake.

I use them first ice or when its real cold and I put tipups in front of the cabin.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

can’t afford a hand auger?

ozzyky
    On water

Quote:

Most people who have a spud bar don’t use it for drilling holes it’s a good first ice safety precaution.

milemark_714

Could not even make one for that price.I made one out of stainless steel years ago…got lost in a move.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Quote:

Yep, I can afford a hand auger. Thanks for asking. Ever tried chipping a hole out with a hand auger? I also use the spud during first ice. Its easier to carry and check ice thickness.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Quote:

Quote:

Most people who have a spud bar don’t use it for drilling holes it’s a good first ice safety precaution.

Anyone that ventures out on the ice should own a hand auger!!!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Bone Mover,
    Whens the last time you pulled out your hand auger? Mine hasn’t been used since the before Christmas.

I prefer to use a spud in 2 – 4 inches of ice. A hand auger from 4 – 7 inches. And a gas auger when more than 7 inches. Most years, that means there is about a 2 week window that I would use a hand auger. But to each his own.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Is it MONDAY??? I meant to say anyone venturing out on the ice should own a spud bar!!! Up too early today or something… Sorry…

I actually don’t own a gas auger… Have all the other goodies…but no auger. I had one this winter and didn’t use it much so I sold it. I am mostly after panfish and my lazer 4 inch hand auger is like a hot knife through butter…and I enjoy a little workout prior to sitting for 1-8 hours…lol Also, the extra weight of carrying when walking long distances isn’t fun for me. Good thing most of my buddies have one… I definitely would own one if I lived in the northern half of the state!!!!

Ted

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.