Bass Pro Shop at Mall of America

• hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

I heard a rumor a few days ago that there is a Bass Pro Shop opening up at the Mall of America. Anyone else heard anything about this? It would make sense cause then men would have a GOOD reason to go to MOA and spend some money.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

It’s true! It’s very true!

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

I wish they would put a scheels or bass pro shop in out by the mall in la crosse, our mall sucks! no man departments except for sears

shayla

I heard it wasn’t gonna happen, afterall? For what it’s worth, I heard that from one of the customer service gals at Cabelas! I hope it’s true, I can get use to having them and Cabelas within driving distance!!!

bluefin
    Farmington, MN

I also heard it isn’t going to happen. I think I heard the money fell through for the whole expansion at the MOA. It was supposed to double in size.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

If it falls through that’s a bummer. That would be the only reason for me to head out to the Mall. They built that darned thing on top of my ball park and I’m still mad about it.

Rootski

bj451
    saint michael minn

Kinda a rough place for a bass pro though hope they have enough sales if they move in there.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Quote:

If it falls through that’s a bummer. That would be the only reason for me to head out to the Mall. They built that darned thing on top of my ball park and I’m still mad about it.

Rootski

And tore down my arena..

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Rootski

And tore down my arena..

Although it didn’t go down without a fight!
    I agree with both of you. I had more memories out there at the Met Stadium. Still remember the left field bleachers with Bambo Rivera in his light blue uniform.

elesar

The store itself is still a go I believe. They were thinking of putting a lodge themed Radisson hotel on top of the store. Here is an article on it. I think the hotel financing is the part that is an issue. We should still get a BPS store at the Mall. Now I’ll finally have something to do while the wife is there. We’ll see who can burn the plastic faster.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Come on guys that was a long time ago. We have a world class arena in the Excel. Which if the North Stars stayed they surely would not be playing at the Met still. Don’t get me wrong Norm was a hole for what he did. And the Twinkies are getting a brand new ballpark which should be awesome. Only bad thing no tailgating at the park!!! So bring on Bass Pro Shops!!!! Oh yeah did I mention I live 5 minutes from the mall

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Oh yeah did I mention I live 5 minutes from the mall

Are you bragging, or Complaining

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Farmboy,
    Bragging that I am 5 minutes to Bass Pro Shops. Complaining that I live in such a urban setting. So I guess, both.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I hear that it is still going to happen. It is also listed in the newest catalog that I got last week.

Ron

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Building one in the mall means fighting all that traffic and all those thousands of women who shop there. Why not build one in a place thats easy to get into and out of like they did the Cabelas store at Owatonna, Mn. It would make more sense to me anyway. I’m one of those guys who hates fighting traffic.
    Thanks, Bill

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Hey Bill,
    Us guys need a place to go when we get stuck going to the mall with the ladies. So instead of getting thrown into the dog house, we can say sure honey I will go. And when we get there we can make a beeline to Bass Pro Shops.

adaeges

Did this ever happen?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

No sir.

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

the plan is completely dead from what I have read.. someone correct me if I am wrong..

at least about BPS.. because , I KNOW, that I am wrong on a number of things.. and that leaving my self that open on this forum may make me cry..

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

the plan is completely dead from what I have read.. someone correct me if I am wrong..

at least about BPS.. because , I KNOW, that I am wrong on a number of things.. and that leaving my self that open on this forum may make me cry..

Oldrat, please don’t expose yourself on the forum

I would like to sit in on some of the meetings (city level) to hear what is actually being discussed for rezoning, tax breaks , … and everything involved to get a box store of this size approved. Seems like there has been a number of proposed locations throughout the mid-west that receives some interest, then falls off the radar. I’ve heard a few through the rumor mill for WI.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

please don’t expose yourself on the forum

Don’t expose yourself anywhere! There are laws!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Bass Pro Shops a no go, but the Bass Ponds are still there.

Joe Smith

Whatever happened to this? We >NEED< a Bass Pro in Minnesota! It should be a criminal offense honestly that they don’t have a single location here. Like, literally. Cabela’s has 4 Minnesota locations, and Bass Pro has ZERO. Makes as much sense as wiping before you poop.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Four BP stores could be here sooner than later…

Mega-Outdoors? Bass Pro, Cabela’s Merger May Be On Horizon

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

You sure like BPS Mr. Smith. grin

CaptainMusky

I had never been to a Bass Pro store before and on Wednesday of last week, while on the way to Branson, MO we stopped in the Springfield, MO store.
    All I can say is WOW!!!
    The Cabelas in Rogers seems like the St Cloud Scheels store to me now. That BPS was absolutely incredible.
    500,000 square feet compared to around 200,000 for the Rogers Cabelas.
    If you are going to a store to shop, cabelas is far better IMO, but if you want to see “things” then BPS is way cooler.

munchy
    NULL

That store in Springfield is their original flagship store, so it is bigger and better than their others. But I agree, I’d rather have a BPS over Cabelas any day.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.