Costa Del Mar Fluid Interchangeable-Lens Sunglass

• johnnyb
    Davenport, Ia

The recent discussions on purchasing a good pair of sunglasses for fishing got me to thinking… Okay, I know that could be dangerous. The pair that I think I might purchase is the Costa Del Mar® Fluid™ Interchangeable-Lens Sunglasses. My question is: does anyone on this forum own a pair or know someone that does and if so how much of a pain is it to change the lenses?

corey_waller
    hastings mn

I have owned 2 pair of Costas over the past 6 years and LOVE them. I have never owned a better pair their customer service is second to none. I had a defective bow and they sent me new ones no questions asked NEXT DAY AIR!! I have no experiance with the pair you are refering to but I would also have zero hesitations about buying anything from costa.
    my .02

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I have a pair of Costas but not the removable lens kind, and I have a pair of Oakley’s that are removable lenses. I personally don’t think the lens quality is quite as high on the removable lenses compared to fixed ones. I also used to have some H3O interchangable glasses, but I seemed to use the amber 98% of the time anyway, so i really didn’t use the interchange much. The only time I did was to put in the yellow for low light.

the Costa Vermillion color IMO is one of the very best fishing shades you can buy. I don’t see any reason you would want to switch to other colors again aside from a yellow or orange for low light. What colors come with the fluids?

johnnyb
    Davenport, Ia

Here is the verbage from the BassPro web site.

Costa Del Mar® Fluid™ Interchangeable-Lens Sunglasses

Each pair of Costa Del Mar sunglasses features 100% protection from UV A, B, and C rays, 100% polarization, water-repellent coating, and anti-reflective coating. Lenses are constructed from lightweight, durable polycarbonate. Manufacturer’s lifetime warranty.

How to choose your Costa Del Mar lenses:
    Heighten your visual acuity with a lens color that matches your outside conditions

Gray for maximum glare reduction in intense sunlight
    Amber for low light, haze and fog
    Vermillion for best visual acuity — great for sight fishing

These uniquely styled, lightweight sunglasses feature a revolutionary, performance-enhancing design. Extremely durable and heat-resistant. Includes 3 pair of interchangeable lenses, in Amber, Gray, and Vermillion.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

In my personal opinion, I would just buy a pair in vermillion and not get the interchangeable. I like the vermillion better than amber and grey for almost all fishing conditions. At least for my eyes. Not to say that is what you should do though, but that is what I did.

johnnyb
    Davenport, Ia

MossBoss,

Thanks for your opinion. That’s really what I was asking. Having never owned a pair of glasses with interchangable lenses, I just wasn’t sure if they would be a pain in the !@# or if I really would even bother with changing lenses.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I own a pair of Fluids. They are one of the last pair of glasses that I grab. I thought that they would be the greatest thing but the lenses pop out every once in a while, so now they stay in the truck.
    I own three pair of Costas and one pair of Solar Bats in the mossyback. Now I grab the Solar Bats every time.

Ron

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.