Interested in Predator Hunting???

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Saturday March 16th & Sunday March 17th each at 11:00am I will be presenting a new seminar “Song Dogs 101” at Cabelas in Richfield, WI. Free Seminar for all and I will be available after for questions and to simply hang out in the hunting isles and talk predator hunting…or trapping…or fishing If any IDO members attend, please make it a piont to say Hi

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Oh that that kind of “Predator Hunting”

My Bad

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Oh that that kind of “Predator Hunting”

My Bad

I’m not hunting for another wife!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Wish I could attend.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Kooty, I’m still going to try and get both days recorded AND get it into a 3 or 4 part series to link from the hunting side. A lot of information to try to cover in just 1 hour. I have this one geared around the over-all basics. Mostly compiled from the questions I get while guiding. My forte’ is the set-up and picking locations. A lot from what I learned trapping. When I think about it, I’m amazed at how much I’ve learned from trapping that carries into hunting and fishing

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

The first time I “trapped” was last fall with my buddy in SD. I’m so jealous that he was able to grow up on the farm and trap most of his life. It’s definitely a skill set that I believe makes us better all around outdoorsman. I know I look at everything different already. I was just talking to Dad about setting a few traps around his place. Won’t be to the extent you do it, but it will be fun learning. And hopefully I rid our farm of a few more stinkin’ coyotes…

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Kooty, my best educational trappingf season was back in 2006. Took on a project about 80 miles from here and didn’t have the time I needed to run a full line. I set 10 traps that I could check easily on my way to and from work. That really honed the “picking the right spot”. Like my mentor had told me, “it only takes 1 correctly placed trap”

Time to hit the road, store opens at 8 today

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.