Probably a stupid question

• tbrooks11

Hello, Im looking to hit up red wing tomorrow, but i have a bit of a problem. I dont have a boat. So are there any accessible shore fishing opportunities around the red wing dam area? Thank you

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

You could check the trip swap forums. There was an open seat or two. They may be filled. Worth a shot.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

You could also just show up at Everts with your gear in tow and see if you good catch a ride with someone going out.

As said ,you also post in the trip swap forum.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Everett’s big dock has fish all year long around it.

dog2th
    Omaha, NE

You know….

I don’t live anywhere near Mpls. But when I read these types of postings, I wish I did. Trip swaps, open seats, catching a ride. All through the IDO brotherhood. Very impressive. That kinda thing doesn’t happen every day.

Thanks IDO!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

You know….
    I don’t live anywhere near Mpls. But when I read these types of postings, I wish I did. Trip swaps, open seats, catching a ride. All through the. IDO brotherhood. Very impressive. That kinda thing doesn’t happen every day.

Thanks IDO!

As mentioned, drop a post in the trip swap and maybe kick in a little gas money and I’m sure someone will come through.

Dog – Of all the forums I frequent, I don’t think there is a better accumulation of good hearted sportsmen as there is here on IDO. I’m a firm believer in giving back to the sports that have given me so much. Same is true for many more on here.

Next to giving a free trip out for a vet and teaching my daughters, my most rewarding outings have been spur of the moment offerings to a parent/child at a camp ground. We always camp at lakes where I fish. I can’t tell you how many times I have gotten up at 5, went to the launch by myself, and there is a mother or father with their child fishing from the dock. A quick conversation and invite to have them out with me for a couple hours of “fun fishing” has lead to some very fond moments. My absolute favorite was a girl I had out in Door County fishing spring smallies. She was about 9 years old and I had her sight fishing bass in about 6 fow. In 2 hours she had easily a dozen nice fish with two over 5. For a girl that never stepped into a boat before, she had her best fishing experience ever. Didn’t cost me a thing and I got to see a smile that looked like it stretched from Washington island to Green Bay.
    I know I’m not the only one around here that finds a high level of satisfaction in seeing kids succeed!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Quote:

You know….
    I don’t live anywhere near Mpls. But when I read these types of postings, I wish I did. Trip swaps, open seats, catching a ride. All through the. IDO brotherhood. Very impressive. That kinda thing doesn’t happen every day.

Thanks IDO!

As mentioned, drop a post in the trip swap and maybe kick in a little gas money and I’m sure someone will come through.

Dog – Of all the forums I frequent, I don’t think there is a better accumulation of good hearted sportsmen as there is here on IDO. I’m a firm believer in giving back to the sports that have given me so much. Same is true for many more on here.

Next to giving a free trip out for a vet and teaching my daughters, my most rewarding outings have been spur of the moment offerings to a parent/child at a camp ground. We always camp at lakes where I fish. I can’t tell you how many times I have gotten up at 5, went to the launch by myself, and there is a mother or father with their child fishing from the dock. A quick conversation and invite to have them out with me for a couple hours of “fun fishing” has lead to some very fond moments. My absolute favorite was a girl I had out in Door County fishing spring smallies. She was about 9 years old and I had her sight fishing bass in about 6 fow. In 2 hours she had easily a dozen nice fish with two over 5. For a girl that never stepped into a boat before, she had her best fishing experience ever. Didn’t cost me a thing and I got to see a smile that looked like it stretched from Washington island to Green Bay.
    I know I’m not the only one around here that finds a high level of satisfaction in seeing kids succeed!

Great story Randy!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I should troll that trip swap thingy for takers sometime.

Of course, if I go out with anyone else, BK will pout.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.