Dow Up Again!!

• cougareye
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

A little good news, for a change!!

For history fans, the 10-day streak is the longest since 10 sessions that ended on Nov. 15, 1996. That was just after then-Federal Reserve Chairman Allan Greenspan described the stock market was infected by “irrational exuberance.”

What is true is the rally this year has been steady, with modest daily changes. The Dow’s average daily change this year has been about 29 points, about 10 points higher than a year ago.

ET

chappy
    Participant
    Hastings, MN

I just looked, And it’s down 31??? Where you getting your info?? Liar….LOL

bzzsaw
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi

WTG Eric. You just put the kiss of death on my 401K.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

With interest rates so low, the money has to find a home somewhere.

With that said, I just pulled the “dump” trigger on 2 stocks in my “play money” eTrade portfolio this morning. Both were hovering around 10 year highs, so I felt a littleSteve Miller Band coming on…

Go on, take the money and run… Lots of people telling you what to buy and when, not a lot telling you when to hit the dump button.

Grouse

cougareye
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

This is a headline from Thursday’s close in full disclosure.

Dow was two points from it’s record high.

ET

FryDog62
    Participant

The stock market is a manipulated house of cards. I think we will have another correction soon when you have an economy that is this far in debt and just keeps printing money…it doesn’t add up.

cougareye
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

So Frydog is reommending a sell position.

I agree, not so much about the correction, though it is possible, but that it is an intriquing time to sell or if you have something to rollover, you may want to discuss with a pro.

Buy low, sell high, and if you’ve been funding an IRA or 401(k) for the past several years, you have been buying low……….just sayin…….

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

I think we will have another correction soon when you have an economy that is this far in debt and just keeps printing money…it doesn’t add up.

What would the stock market be correcting for? The stock market is NOT the economy.

The stock market simply speculates on the future performance of companies. The direction of the stock market has no fixed link to the performance of the economy. It’s been good in bad economies and bad in good economies. The stock market reflects what investers think and hope will happen, not what will actually happen.

Grouse

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Buy low, sell high, and if you’ve been funding an IRA or 401(k) for the past several years, you have been buying low……….just sayin…….

Just to add to the cliches it’s not the buying or selling that burns people. As we saw in the Great Recession, it was the lack of diversification. Millions of people were caught with ALL their retirement savings in stocks and then they couldn’t retire because the market was in the toilet.

We all learned our lesson now, right kids? Do NOT keep your entire portfolio in stocks if you can’t wait out at least a 5 year decline. For those of us who did NOT diversify back in the good old days of 2007, now would be a very good time to ask your financial advisor about it.

Grouse

DaveB
    Participant
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Printing money, devaluing the dollar, all things being equal, stock prices will rise.

eyejacker
    Participant
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

Printing money, devaluing the dollar, all things being equal, stock prices will rise.

You just nailed it!

jwellsy
    Participant

When you print $85 Billion each and every month to keep the stock market artificially inflated so the sheep stay asleep while you corner the ammunition market, you’re bound to have some interesting times headed your way.

I wish it was easy to track what Senators and Congressmen invest in.

vikefanmn77
    Participant
    Northfield,MN

Meanwhile, labor force participation is at 63.5%

eyejacker
    Participant
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

When you print $85 Billion each and every month to keep the stock market artificially inflated so the sheep stay asleep while you corner the ammunition market, you’re bound to have some interesting times headed your way.

Indeed, I believe it is going to get real spooky!

mplspug
    Participant
    Palmetto, Florida

You guys are real downers for a Friday. I am getting pess drunk just to forget this thread.

eyejacker
    Participant
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

You guys are real downers for a Friday. I am getting pess drunk just to forget this thread.

Bottoms up!

cougareye
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

I see the black helicopter people are out and about!!

eyejacker
    Participant
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

I see the black helicopter people are out and about!!

Did not realize that ninnyhammers could distinguish a black helicopter from a drone!

sink-her
    Participant
    Kasson MN

Quote:

Quote:

You just nailed it!

x3

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.